Ozark Trail Cooler Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
    Looks like we are seeing the beginning of the end for Yeti's and other expensive coolers.
    I just chuckled and threw up at the same time. I was about to buy my wife an ozark tumbler and she said she wanted a yeti because of the name

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
      I just chuckled and threw up at the same time. I was about to buy my wife an ozark tumbler and she said she wanted a yeti because of the name
      The Member's Mark tumblers I got on Sam's website were 2 for 19.99 and they don't have any logos stamped it them. Get her one of those and buy her a Yeti sticker. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll trade someone a 70qt brute cooler for a 52qt and a roadie sized Ozark trail cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by joebriles View Post
          We started out with Yeti vs Ozark Trail vs Brute Box / Bison. 6 days to into the ice retention test we have a winner.

In 3rd place is the Brute Box / Bison. It had no ice at all on day 5. I took a tempurature reading on day 6 of 57 degrees.

In a surprising 2nd place finish was the Yeti 75. It had no ice today on day 6. The temperature reading on day 6 was 38 degrees.

And in even a more surprising 1st place finish was the $210.01 Ozark Trail cooler from Walmart. 6 days into the test the Ozark Trail cooler STILL has ice in it and is showing a tempurature reading of 33 degrees.

I'm going to check the Ozark Trail cooler again tomorrow and see how it looks and get another tempurature reading.

Now the test will be "the test of time". How will this cooler hold up to the wear and tear I will out it through and when or if they will come out with some replacement parts for it it does have a "5 year warranty" but who knows what that is going to cover and not cover.... we will see.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
          Thanks for the write up and the great testing and details. I notice the Ozark is in the middle between the other two ice chests. I wonder if there are some impacts with air flow that are affecting the results and performance of each of the coolers.

Comment

Thanks for the review Joe! Good seeing ya today partner!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              Thanks for the write up and the great testing and details. I notice the Ozark is in the middle between the other two ice chests. I wonder if there are some impacts with air flow that are affecting the results and performance of each of the coolers.
              That probably had some miniscule impact over 5 days. Even taking that into account, my take away is that it will be pretty hard to go wrong for less than half the price of the others. I can still buy a lot of ice for $200, but the increased durability aspect really makes me consider diving into the world of "super coolers" at this price point. That horrible blue corporation is saving Americans money once again...Monsters

Comment

Ok, me being a metrology engineer by trade, I'm all about scientific data.
                Ceteris paribus, or all things equal, the Yeti and Brute would have to be brand new, or at least had their seals replaced.

There's a lot of variables.

I think this test proves that we don't need to give our first born for a cooler, nonetheless.

I bet the big wigs at Yeti is running scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was just in Walmart last night and they didn't have any of the new OT coolers. I did notice that the Igloos were getting very cheap, 48qt for $22. Heck at that price you don't even need to wash it out, just go get a new one.

Comment

FYI- Both size tumblers are in stock online

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                      Looks like we are seeing the beginning of the end for Yeti's and other expensive coolers.
                      No...OT will just start raising their prices up to be right there with them...like every other cooler seems to have done.

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post
                        No...OT will just start raising their prices up to be right there with them...like every other cooler seems to have done.

Or they will just make their money off of volume sales.

Comment

Sealgate....basketgate...inbetweengate....what if the pre chilled ice was different temps..was one crushed the other hard...so many variables. ...throw out results and start over haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Great write up Joe. That's good work there. Will have to keep an eye out for when these come back in stock locally and see if I can get my hands on one before the price goes up and I forget about them.

Time will tell on all of the above about parts and gaskets and such. I don't beat the crap out of my coolers on a regular basis so I am not overly worried.

Comment

thanks for the info! great post! are you able to cable lock the Ozark and still be able to open it?

Comment

I have the 26 Qt OT cooler. I have used it a few times and am happy with it. For me if they even come close to the others in performance they are a great value. I would have no issues buying any of their other coolers or tumblers even before I saw these results. You can split hairs and say what if this and what if that, but they perform great for the price period in my book. I try to support good companies that offer good products to a point, but in this case I can't justify buying anything but the OT stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X