No announcement yet.

help me disconnect from cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, you can try Hulu live tv for $54/month. You get on-demand shows and movies + plus live TV. Sling is available for $25/month and goes up to $45/month. You can also try Youtube live on TV or atttvnow. Just compare channels and get a subscription that has channels you have.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
      I am using YouTube TV right now. It gets all my local channels and about 70 of the “common” channels like History, Fox News, CNN, NatGeo, Food Network, Animal Planet, ESPN, ESPN2, FOX Sports, TBS a d so on. I think Hulu gets local channels also.
      Yes, Hulu have live local channels. It's far better than using cable TV. I've cut down my cable bills by shifting to Hulu and Sling tv.
      Last edited by herall; 02-23-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

help me disconnect from cable

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        We’ve had both. Currently have YouTube TV. Left asking when they dropped Fox and Fox Sports Southwest.

The stream quality seems to be better with YouTube plus it has unlimited DVR. We could also get a lot of games during football season that we couldn’t get with Sling. And like all things Google it’s intuitive and easy to use. The con is......it’s Google and there’s no outdoor TV channels. Now that college football and the Saints are over with it’s program selection is pretty run of the mill. Will probably switch back to Sling until football season cranks up again.

That’s the beauty of streaming services; you aren’t married to them through a contract. You can start/stop/change any time you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Download myoutdoortv.com. Lots of hunting, fishing, & other outdoor programs available. We just ditched DirecTV and switched to YouTubeTV. We already had Netflix & Amazon Prime TV. I’m surprisingly impressed with the channel selection and ease of use with YouTubeTV.

Watch your favorite shows from the worldwide leaders in outdoor entertainment - Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel, and World Fishing Network

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by txheartshot; 04-01-2020, 09:29 PM.

Comment

We just switched to YouTube TV and so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            We just switched to YouTube TV and so far so good.
            Does YouTube TV have local channels, news, etc?

How does one switch to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

Yes. With your remote, you just select “Live” and all of your live channels pop up. I think there are 70 total, but I’d have to double check.

Comment

Philo is another good cheap option for live tv. But for news, we downloaded a few of the local stations apps. Have yet to find local channels for tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

Yes, it has local.

Takes about 3 minutes to sign up and download the app. I like how I can control my TV from my phone too if the remote is not by. You can also watch YouTube videos too.

They have a 3 day free trail. It took me a few days to learn my way around. Only downside is no LHN, but I’ll figure out that part.

Comment

Been looking into this also. Finally got internet at the house. Beast TV seems like a good fit for us. One question is about the Cowboy Channel. Like watching the rodeos they have on it. Is it offered on Beast TV? If not which streaming service offers it?

Comment

If you just want to go Over The Air, it's free and if you are withing a reasonable distance to antennas, you can get quite a few channels.

I use a Clearstream 2Max in my attic and I get all locals plus a bunch of independents. You are limited to sports that are on fox, abc, nbc, and cbs.

For ease of use, I bought an app called Channels and use it on my apple TV so I get a cable-like experience with complete TV guide and such.

Lastly, I decided I wanted to be able to stream what comes from my antenna so I use an HD Homerun which allows me to watch on any device that is on my wifi network. There is a 2-tuner and 4-tuner version so you can either watch 2 simultaneous streams or 4.

Antennaweb.com can tell you what channels you'll get from wherever you are.

I ended up also getting Youtube TV which is 50 bucks a month and get a bunch of channels like espn and others that show sports but really don't need it.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                        Yes. With your remote, you just select “Live” and all of your live channels pop up. I think there are 70 total, but I’d have to double check.

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        Yes, it has local.

Takes about 3 minutes to sign up and download the app. I like how I can control my TV from my phone too if the remote is not by. You can also watch YouTube videos too.

They have a 3 day free trail. It took me a few days to learn my way around. Only downside is no LHN, but I’ll figure out that part.

Thanks. I may check it out. I have been bundled with Suddenlink cable (internet, cable and phone) for quite a while. I’ve generally been pleased but dang, it’s expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          What channels come with the $15 service?
                          Just about anything you can imagine. All ESPN, MLB Network, NFL Network, all of the Fox sports honestly I have not found a channel it does not have that Dish did.

Comment

I am constantly trying different things. Right now we are trying Philo $20, I also got the new hulu package with Disney +, no commercials and ESPN plus for $18 a month! Great Deal on those i think. I have amazon prime but get it mostly for shopping so I don’t count it but it does have some decent shows occasionally.

My boy pays for Netflix and we let him use our packages. So I guess we pay about $38 right now since I don’t really count amazon prime. Occasionally we will get HBO or showtime for a month or two to catch up on some shows.

We have so much to watch it is hard to decide and pay less than 40 a month.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                            X