help me disconnect from cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    In SA if you're a Cowboys fan all your football is covered by antenna, the HD broadcasts are better than any cable or satellite service.

I’ve heard that from a couple people. I’m a Texans fan so figure I would get stuck watching the Boys. [emoji6]

We settled in on fiber internet through ATT. HD antenna and Hulu Live. We’ll turn off and on HBO NOW app as the wife likes Game of Thrones and I am watching True Detective now. I’ve always had Netflix and we’ve always done Amazon Prime. Still not super cheap but never ending content, much cheaper all together than what we were paying for UVerse. Takes some getting used to but not too bad. Have not experienced football season yet so we’ll see how that goes.

FYI - all these things I was tried out had a free trial for anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks or so.

YouTube TV
    Hulu Live
    SlingTV

Don’t own a Playstation so didn’t look at the Vue. Also don’t know if that’s a requirement for that. Just something I did not research too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In SA if you're a Cowboys fan all your football is covered by antenna, the HD broadcasts are better than any cable or satellite service.
      Except for the occasional game on ESPN. Which is a bummer.

Comment

Has anyone tried this? Heard it’s good but ya gotta have internet
        Check this out at Amazon.com
        MINIX NEO U9-H + MINIX NEO A3, 64-bit Octa-Core Media Hub for Android [2GB/16GB/4K/HDR/XBMC] and Six-Axis Gyroscope Remote with Voice Input. Sold Directly by MINIX Technology Limited. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X188XKV..._4m0xCbGMMAS8N

Elite 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone tried netbuddy.co for internet? $60/mo for unlimited and unthrottled internet thru a cellular modem, you have to have good ATT service. No contract and reviews are good, normal speeds in 50-60 mbps range, up to 100 mbps.

I was about ready to cut cable and give them a try, but I called cable company yesterday and gave them a chance to make me a deal. I was paying 111/mo for 100 mbps cable internet and 114/mo for Direct TV, and they gave me everything I wanted for 124/mo, so cancelled Direct TV. Cable is the only fast internet option I have where I live, I can only get a 10 mbps connection thru ATT/Direct where I live.

I like having everything in one place, I did the 7 day free trial for Hulu Live and Sling TV, and I did not really like the formatting. I also like easy DVR capabilities, and Hulu was anything but easy for me to figure out the DVR option.

After I got new pricing from cable company, I am cheaper than cable internet combined with the streaming services.

Comment

Is anyone using satellite internet and an OTA digital antenna? I only have one coax port in my wall and it is being used by the satellite internet. I have installed the antenna, and understand the process of using the amplifier, running that cables, using splitters and all, but how can I get it down to my tv now if the only coax is already being used? Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance.

Comment

I'd run a dedicated line for the internet and reclaim the house wiring for antenna use by all the TVs.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                Except for the occasional game on ESPN. Which is a bummer.
                I don't remember having a problem this year. ESPN is just MNF right? If so I think Amazon ran those free for Prime members so I probably did that. Thursday games are NFL Network and I have that on Sling blue, maybe I'm confusing Amazon with that.

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                I’ve heard that from a couple people. I’m a Texans fan so figure I would get stuck watching the Boys. [emoji6]
                Serves you right for picking the wrong team.
                Last edited by justletmein; 02-20-2019, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I'd run a dedicated line for the internet and reclaim the house wiring for antenna use by all the TVs.
                  Thanks, this is what I figured I would need to do.

Comment

I don't remember having a problem this year. ESPN is just MNF right? If so I think Amazon ran those free for Prime members so I probably did that. Thursday games are NFL Network and I have that on Sling blue, maybe I'm confusing Amazon with that.

I believer you're right about this...

Serves you right for picking the wrong team.
                    This is just too darn funny...Go Cowboys!!!

Comment

I like how you can try and make changes anytime. Right now I am trying regular hulu w/ no commercials. HBO and Espn + for the UFC fights and netflix.

All that runs about $47?

Rick

Comment

I have called DirectTV the past 2 days 3 times to try and get a lower bill, they haven't budged. I am trying one more time today and if I can't get under $75/month then it will be streaming services for us.

We are testing the 2 week trial of You Tube TV right now, I like it so far but not sure my wife will like having to use a phone for a remote. We will probably test Hulu Live as well just to have something for comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          I just called and canceled my Direct TV yesterday. We are using HULU live and I really like it.

We have a netflix account and amazon prime so I dont think we will miss anything. The live local channels is what sold me on HULU live.
                          We did the same thing after my rate went up to 190 a month and all we ever did was flip through channels never finding anything to watch. I got the unlimited screen up grade for HULU so we can watch it on all our TVs and phones and at the cabin. Saved me a lot of cash and I always have something new to watch. My wife loves all the old sitcoms like I love lucy, Bob Newhart and Mary Tyler Moore that HULU has on demand.

Comment

Direct TV has been cancelled we will have about a month to decide what streaming service to go with.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter_2 View Post
                              Thanks, this is what I figured I would need to do.
                              Another thought. I've tried using my tmobile hotspot as our home internet for the past 2 years. It's flawless, but I live in the big city. I've tested the operation in smaller towns and have mostly positive results. This sums it up: our home is completly wireless (minus electric cords). No more crapy land line service, no more holes drilled in my house, no more contracts, routers, sloppy service men, crappy utilities that crap out when a storm comes up, etc, etc, on and on....

Comment

Originally posted by jwstrother View Post
                                Direct TV has been cancelled we will have about a month to decide what streaming service to go with.
                                Get the fastest internet possible then stream your life away.

Comment

Working...
                                X