Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

help me disconnect from cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
    Yank the power cord - for 10 seconds- then plug back in- build will be there when u turn it back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, that works. Is there a right way too shut down kodi from your build? Some of the programs e try to play in the ad ons say error loading, please check log. What is that?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
      Thanks, that works. Is there a right way too shut down kodi from your build? Some of the programs e try to play in the ad ons say error loading, please check log. What is that?

System- quit will close it.
      Some add ons require a log in or paid subscriptions. Don't work without it- that's the most common ones u will get that error.
      Some add ons break also and quit working (rare)

Hit menu button on those add ons and go to add on settings and see if it is asking for a log in.

Comment

System- quit will close it.
        Some add ons require a log in or paid subscriptions. Don't work without it- that's the most common ones u will get that error.
        Some add ons break also and quit working (rare)

Hit menu button on those add ons and go to add on settings and see if it is asking for a log in.

Awesome, thanks

Comment

Get a Roku, connect it to your wireless router. Subscribe to Sling - $21 a month, gets you ESPN, History, CNN, El Rey, AMC, some others. Get an external antenna for the network stations. Go to antennadeals.com and enter your zip code.

That's it, you're good to go.

Comment

Kodi has released a new major update 17.0 Krypton. I have made a quick buildout utilizing the stock skin. It is available under the same add on. It is also available on Ares Wizard. (Ares Wizard host several custom builds to easily download)

http://badazz-box.com/repo replace the zz with ss

*Note this build does contain 3rd party add ons and you use it at your own risk/comfort level.

How to install on 17+

How to install on 16.1
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If you update from 16.1 to 17 the build will no longer work correctly unless you install the new build. Nothing wrong with keeping 16.1 and old build either, however the 17.0 update does require (if using android) to be at least android 5.0

Have tested on Mac, Android, and Apple tv 4. Have not yet tested on Windows. (don't have one, you windows guys can let me know).

Still getting Pm nearly everyday asking to buy a box. I no longer sell them, only offer the custom buildout for free as a DIY.

Going to try and get as much info as possible into one post to help cut down on the pm's. If you still need help let me know.

Download link for supported devices : https://kodi.tv/download/ also available in google play store.

Link for older builds: (16.1) http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/

Instructional videos : youtube.com

Decent choices for boxes: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=3GS1K0LUSS8HK

Amazon fire stick and fire tv
            Apple Tv 4 (extra cost/steps involved to run kodi)

(you want at least 2gb of Ram and android 5.0+)

Upgraded Remotes:https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...+tv+box+remote

(keyboard, air mouse, regular remote..comes in handy)

Live Tv options: SlingTv https://www.sling.com
            DirectvNow http://directvnow.com
            Playstation Vue https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/
            IPTV
            Antenna
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting the updates Wes. Is there any advantage to upgrading to 17.0? I kind of subscribe to the "if it ain't broke" line of thinking.

Comment

What do you mean by extra cost using fire tv/stick?

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                  I think you may have misread. Its the Apple TV that has additional costs to get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                    Thanks for posting the updates Wes. Is there any advantage to upgrading to 17.0? I kind of subscribe to the "if it ain't broke" line of thinking.
                    You can read about the updated features on kodi.tv website .
                    Biggest thing is no more support for old versions ( bugs etc)

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                    Originally posted by Nailhead View Post
                    I think you may have misread. Its the Apple TV that has additional costs to get it to work.
                    Correct- just for the Apple TV. You need to buy a USB c cable and either reload it every 7 days, or become an apple developer , or pay a company to register your device once a year. It is awesome on the Apple TV 4 though. Voice search with Siri works great.

Comment

You can read about the updated features on kodi.tv website .
                      Biggest thing is no more support for old versions ( bugs etc)

Correct- just for the Apple TV. You need to buy a USB c cable and either reload it every 7 days, or become an apple developer , or pay a company to register your device once a year. It is awesome on the Apple TV 4 though. Voice search with Siri works great.
                      Any idea what the cost would be to have it registered every year?

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                        Any idea what the cost would be to have it registered every year?

About $25
                        There is several that offer it . Here is one
                        Founded and curated by an enthusiast of AI and machine learning, GPTs Archive is a unique digital sanctuary dedicated to the world of Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPTs). This archive serves as more than just a collection; it stands as a testament to the incredible, often unseen work in the field of artificial intelligence. Our mission is to preserve, showcase, and celebrate the diverse range of GPT models that are unclaimed or have been submitted anonymously. These models represent the forefront of AI research and development, showcasing the creativity and ingenuity of developers worldwide. As the curator of GPTs Archive, I am committed to maintaining a space where these innovations can be appreciated and explored by AI enthusiasts, researchers, and the curious. This archive is not just a repository; it's a dynamic library of AI evolution, highlighting the progress and potential of machine learning and its extensive applications. An exciting feature of our archive is the 'Claim Your GPT' tab. Here, users have the unique opportunity to claim any of the unclaimed GPT models. Whether you're a developer, researcher, or simply an AI enthusiast, you can take ownership of a GPT model that resonates with you. This feature aims to connect these remarkable creations with individuals who can further explore, develop, or simply appreciate these AI models. Join us on this journey of discovery and appreciation of the unsung achievements in AI, as we continue to expand and enrich our collection with the fascinating developments in GPT technology. Dive into the world of GPTs Archive, where the future of AI awaits your exploration and claim.

Comment

I'm not so sure I'm gonna be able to deal with this streaming stuff. Tried to watch the Super Bowl on it and it was constantly pixelating out so bad you couldn't see and buffering a lot.

I have a 300mbps connection but was only getting 30mbps on average but that's till should be plenty fast to stream without all that nonsense.

Comment

What did you use to watch it? I used one of the links in Pro Sports and it was in HD, it only buffered briefly 3 or 4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                              What did you use to watch it? I used one of the links in Pro Sports and it was in HD, it only buffered briefly 3 or 4 times.

I used the fox sports go app on Apple TV4.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                I used the fox sports go app on Apple TV4.

I watched it on the Fox Sports Go app on my Fire TV and it buffered one time during the entire game. I have it running on my wireless 5Gz signal and my speeds stay between 25-40mbps. Even though I don't have many issues I think I'm going to run a data cable to it and hardwire so I can take full advantage of the 200mbps+ I get.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X