No announcement yet.

Hilltop Lakes 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's always something. Pulled my card this afternoon to find feeder battery died Nov 1. No animals since then. I supposed my solar charger is bad too. Gonna head to town tomorrow for parts.
    Oh well, if I didn't find out this weekend it could have ruined better weather hunting. However, I think they are chasing now. Counted 5 road kill deer from Anderson to here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rained pretty hard this morning at the Hill. Drizzled all night. Learned there are going to be times I just can't drive all the way to my lot. I needed 4wd to get back up my road and left some ruts unfortunately.

Comment

Gonna be down in the mid 30s at the Hill tonight. I'll be on my new memory foam bed with down comforter in the trailer... might be tough getting up before sunup to hunt with those conditions Anybody else gonna be out?

Comment

Get 'em!

Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael

Comment

Hilltop Lakes 2016-2017

Well at least I can say I saw something. Doe just bumped into my ladder being chased by a small six. They were full speed. Talk about heart racing.

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha

Comment

Hmm, wondering what is going on. Zero activity at my feeder and nobody I have spoken with has seen anything lately either. Log only shows 1 pig kill in the last couple of weeks too.

Oh well, at least my kid and my mutt got some quality camp time and we got to experience the wonder of The Esmeralda at Tia Juanita's.

Comment

I hope she enjoyed the time as much as dad did!

Comment

This thread has gone too quiet. I'm planning to get up there tomorrow through Friday and hunt this next cool front. Anybody else?

Comment

I'll be there in the morning. Hoping a hog shows. Good luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by cz52man View Post
                        I'll be there in the morning. Hoping a hog shows. Good luck to you!
                        Good luck to you too! I won't make it until afternoon. Not planning to spend a lot of time sweating in the stand but I'm bringing my golf clubs I'll do some hunting once the cool front hits, whenever that is.

Comment

Been quiet all morning (and cool). Saw a nice but young buck and nothing else so far. Doubt my luck is going to change in the next 30 min...

Comment

Hot right now. I'm in the tree and gonna wait til after dark for porky. Looking forward to the morning hunt - supposed to be 52 or something like that.

Comment

And all the folks claiming the bees are all dying need to come spend some time up here. Swarming around my trailer and followed me to the stand. Can't sit still for having to wave them off me.

Comment

They were all over my feeder yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X