Catch and release hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catch and release hunting

This morning I decided to do a little Catch and Release Hunting (Camera) Just to see what was moving around.

On little doe came in and stayed in front of my blind for the longest time, Finally she started looking behind her and a group of does and fawns came in. I counted 12 total, and it looks like only 1 of the 3 fawns is a buck.
    I got a few shots of them at the feeder, then all eyes were looking to the creek and most of the deer left in a hurry.
    A flock of 8 turkeys came to the feeder. I have never seen turkeys on our property, and haven't seen any on the game cameras either.

2 of the fawns were 30' from me watching the turkeys until they decided to go to momma.

When the turkeys finally left, I got out of the blind and walked to where I parked the truck. A few cows were at the stock tank looking to the other side when I spotteed 2 bucks fighting. I moved to where I could see better and took a few shots of them. I also noticed another buck close by. All appeared to be basketrack 8s.

So it was a fun and exciting morning. I'll see if I can't harvest one of those does in the morning.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

nice pics, good luck on the doe

Comment

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

thank you for sharing, nice little honey hole!

Comment

Nice pics, good luck on the doe.

Comment

Very nice pics. I alawys enjoy watching all that takes place in the woods.

Comment

That's what it is all about. Just being out with the wildlife and taking it in.

Comment

Cool knowing you have the Turkeys, don't let them take over the feeder, they can run the deer off.

Comment

The deer act like they have not seen turkey's before! Good luck on your hunt.

Comment

Working...
                  X