Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff!

Comment

A lot in interesting info on here! As a person who has their own organization and has played at the highest level of collegiate ball, there is a lot of false info on here from people who have not played or do not know what they are talking about. A lot of parents think just because they play for a select team or are PAYING TO PLAY, this helps their chances automatically to play at the next level.

Sorry but winning a USSSA ring does not help their chances at these young ages. They either have it or they don't.

No one will ever ask or remember what they did from ages 7-12 in select ball. Everyone is the best and greatest, until you take the $$$$ away from it and let an actual coach run the show who has no $$$ invested in it.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        A lot in interesting info on here! As a person who has their own organization and has played at the highest level of collegiate ball, there is a lot of false info on here from people who have not played or do not know what they are talking about. A lot of parents think just because they play for a select team or are PAYING TO PLAY, this helps their chances automatically to play at the next level.

Sorry but winning a USSSA ring does not help their chances at these young ages. They either have it or they don't.

No one will ever ask or remember what they did from ages 7-12 in select ball. Everyone is the best and greatest, until you take the $$$$ away from it and let an actual coach run the show who has no $$$ invested in it.
        you are so full of **** your font should be brown on anything you post.
        Go Away.

Comment

He'll be just fine. We as parents stress more about how they do then the actual kids. I've coached High School ball for many years, my son is now a JR, and I still get nervous every time he's at bat! Guess that's just the parent in us, always want your kid to succeed.
          Sounds like he's gonna be ok. get some wiffle balls and throw to him. You can get closer to the plate to throw, (this will make him have to react quicker), and you don't have to chase them as far after he hits em. I used the golf ball sized ones and a wooden dowel rod with my son.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

we know all this, you told us a month ago, and a few other times before then.

Comment

Well we headed up going with a AAA team out of Highland Village. Should be a fun time

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                Well we headed up going with a AAA team out of Highland Village. Should be a fun time
                the storm? sorry I cant remember, what age?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  the storm? sorry I cant remember, what age?
                  Yes. 9uAAA. My son really did get along with all the boys at the tryouts. And he really did like the coaches.

Comment

Yes. 9uAAA. My son really did get along with all the boys at the tryouts. And he really did like the coaches.
                    nice. did you guys already play some kid pitch this fall? just remember, its a process

Comment

nice. did you guys already play some kid pitch this fall? just remember, its a process
                      EX CRUC I A TING process

at least for parents watching

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        you are so full of **** your font should be brown on anything you post.

Go Away.

That guy is just here to pizz on everyone's parade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. My son led his previous team in strike outs and innings pitched. He also led his previous team in several batting categories as well

Comment

yep, the kids love it, my son loved getting to lead off and steal bases but its tough, especially in the beginning when the coaches are trying to figure out who can throw strikes and who cant....ever....no matter how long you leave them out there....

my son has always had a better bat than glove, he has hit 3rd or 4th on pretty much every team hes played on, but he was scared to death of getting hit that first fall of 9u. he was ok in practice against our own kids but that first tournament we played and he faced kids he didn't know, he literally wouldn't even swing the bat. I went and spent $50 on of those stupid elbow guards and showed him how he could use it to deflect the ball if it was coming at him, even if it was down by his leg () and he was fine after that. he wore that thing for a couple of tournaments and its been in the bottom of his bag ever since.

the biggest problem I still see with some of our boys is they are still a little apprehensive about getting up on the plate, you can hear every dad when their kid is walking up there saying "scoot up to the plate!" luckily Brock has gotten over the fear and now pretty much stands with his toes on the batters box chalk.

Comment

yep, the kids love it, my son loved getting to lead off and steal bases but its tough, especially in the beginning when the coaches are trying to figure out who can throw strikes and who cant....ever....no matter how long you leave them out there....

my son has always had a better bat than glove, he has hit 3rd or 4th on pretty much every team hes played on, but he was scared to death of getting hit that first fall of 9u. he was ok in practice against our own kids but that first tournament we played and he faced kids he didn't know, he literally wouldn't even swing the bat. I went and spent $50 on of those stupid elbow guards and showed him how he could use it to deflect the ball if it was coming at him, even if it was down by his leg () and he was fine after that. he wore that thing for a couple of tournaments and its been in the bottom of his bag ever since.

the biggest problem I still see with some of our boys is they are still a little apprehensive about getting up on the plate, you can hear every dad when their kid is walking up there saying "scoot up to the plate!" luckily Brock has gotten over the fear and now pretty much stands with his toes on the batters box chalk.
                              Yes it typically is a big adjustment for the boys. I that it would be a little more difficult than what it was for my son. That first tournament he got hit in the side with the ball. He just trotted down to first and never looked back. He has always been aggressive at the plate but it was good watching him take a few pitches and end up walking a few times. One thing I have always told him it does not matter how hard you can throw a ball if you can’t hit where you want to. I told this new coach that he would pitch strikes most of the time. I think this past season he only walked 2 or 3 batters total. I had no intention of him being a pitcher at all but he has come into his own on the mound. He is now in pitching lessons to go along with his batting lessons. We will see how this new team works out. Should be a good time

Comment

Yes it typically is a big adjustment for the boys. I that it would be a little more difficult than what it was for my son. That first tournament he got hit in the side with the ball. He just trotted down to first and never looked back. He has always been aggressive at the plate but it was good watching him take a few pitches and end up walking a few times. One thing I have always told him it does not matter how hard you can throw a ball if you can’t hit where you want to. I told this new coach that he would pitch strikes most of the time. I think this past season he only walked 2 or 3 batters total. I had no intention of him being a pitcher at all but he has come into his own on the mound. He is now in pitching lessons to go along with his batting lessons. We will see how this new team works out. Should be a good time
                                good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X