No announcement yet.

Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lack of nice youth fields south of the Dallas area is sad. There are some decent ones, but nothing like the parks you guys have up North. Of course we have BLD....nothing like 10 year olds playing on fields with 300+ foot fences.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
      What 13u majors team. My son plays 13u majors also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dbat Elite Tompkins-Harp

I coached 5 of the boys the last several years when we were the Desperados. It was time to turn em over to a paid coach, but man am I missing being on the field.

What team is your son on?

Comment

Originally posted by gofish24 View Post
        Ziegler . What age group? The 10u AAA actually ended up in Flower Mound which we woulda liked.....A shame you have to drive past all those nice parks to play in Desoto...
        we are at Bakersfield in flower mound, how are they? we have never played out there...

Comment

The lack of nice youth fields south of the Dallas area is sad. There are some decent ones, but nothing like the parks you guys have up North. Of course we have BLD....nothing like 10 year olds playing on fields with 300+ foot fences.
          yeah BLD is ridiculous for younger kids. my younger son has played there a lot in 6u and 7u and those big fields can really tilt the game. nothing like a hot grounder through the infield that makes it was past an outfielder and out to the fence and turns into a inside the park HR

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            we are at Bakersfield in flower mound, how are they? we have never played out there...
            NICE!! but take a wagon, its a long walk. if they have lightening they will make you leave the fields and walk back to the car if the horns sound. every time we have played there we've had to make that walk multiple times due to lightening.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
              Dbat Elite Tompkins-Harp

I coached 5 of the boys the last several years when we were the Desperados. It was time to turn em over to a paid coach, but man am I missing being on the field.

What team is your son on?

We were with Dallas Mustangs Long in the spring but that team folded and now he is at Frozen Ropes for the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NICE!! but take a wagon, its a long walk. if they have lightening they will make you leave the fields and walk back to the car if the horns sound. every time we have played there we've had to make that walk multiple times due to lightening.
                Good to know

Comment

Ziegler . What age group? The 10u AAA actually ended up in Flower Mound which we woulda liked.....A shame you have to drive past all those nice parks to play in Desoto...
                  Bakersfield is great. For 10U you are probably on Field 3 or 4 down below. If its 9 or 10 then those are the softball fields up on top.

Comment

Well my sons team had a pretty good weekend. Almost made the championship game. The boys had a great time this weekend

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fish bv.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	24513535 We had a great weekend going 5-0. The boy batted .714 with 6 RBI and gave up no runs over 1 and 1/3 innings.

Comment

Congrats to the young men

My 10u lost by 1 in the semi-final to the eventual champion NTX Eagles who beat the bombers 3-2. They scored 2 in the bottom of the 6th to win it, they scored in final inning on Saturday to tie us, we just can't get over the hump

My 7u came in 2nd late last night, they were playing up in 8u open and had a great day yesterday knocking off the 1 seed 16-0. They just ran out of gas in the championship and we couldn't get any hits to fall.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          Congrats to the young men

My 10u lost by 1 in the semi-final to the eventual champion NTX Eagles who beat the bombers 3-2. They scored 2 in the bottom of the 6th to win it, they scored in final inning on Saturday to tie us, we just can't get over the hump

My 7u came in 2nd late last night, they were playing up in 8u open and had a great day yesterday knocking off the 1 seed 16-0. They just ran out of gas in the championship and we couldn't get any hits to fall.
                          wow....the NTX Eagles are the best of the best! Hope you bought your boys a snow cone after that one cause they deserved it!! Cant imagine having 2 playing select ball. I haven't hunted or fished in 2 years and I've only got one playing.

Comment

wow....the NTX Eagles are the best of the best! Hope you bought your boys a snow cone after that one cause they deserved it!! Cant imagine having 2 playing select ball. I haven't hunted or fished in 2 years and I've only got one playing.
                            Yeah man it feels like we are closing the gap a little on the top teams.

I've burned through a lot of vacation the last few years to be able to hunt during the week because weekends are full.

Comment

6-0 starts like this.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                6-0 starts like this.

Both of mine will be at it next weekend in the Gene Campbell, gonna be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X