Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man. I'm almost glad my kid is a P.O. I don't have to get anything other than spikes. No more bats, helmets, infield/outfield gloves. I bought him a Nakona glove designed for pitchers and it will take him through college. No more bat bags, bat tape, elbow guards, ankle guard- just a glove and spikes.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Man. I'm almost glad my kid is a P.O. I don't have to get anything other than spikes. No more bats, helmets, infield/outfield gloves. I bought him a Nakona glove designed for pitchers and it will take him through college. No more bat bags, bat tape, elbow guards, ankle guard- just a glove and spikes.
      Isn't he 13u?

Comment

All these turf mounds, barely need spikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He just turned 15 two weeks ago. Most places will take the chance of getting a pitcher hurt out of the equation. He does not bat, run, or play the field anymore.

Comment

yep. Gotta have turfs and spikes same color same order from New Balance every year.

Comment

He just turned 15 two weeks ago. Most places will take the chance of getting a pitcher hurt out of the equation. He does not bat, run, or play the field anymore.
              just curious what age do you generally start seeing PO's?
              Last edited by jshouse; 09-15-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                My 7u has an 11.25 as well, Wilson 1788 A1K. He'll be able to use it till it's worn plum out.

This is an awesome glove with a small pocket. If you need a glove for a 7u-10u, its worth a look. I think it has been discontinued, not sure.

http://www.wilson.com/en-us/baseball...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
                This is actually the one we have for my 10u. We got a great deal on it.

Comment

My son just moved to 10u. he used the Velo composite all year and it seemed to have decent pop. he never liked the Easton mako's composite. Bought him a 918 a month ago and it seems to have decent pop as well. for grins I bought him a 517 last week and after 1 bp session I think its his new favorite....hitting again tonight before our weekend tournament so Im waiting to see if he's changed his mind.

Jshouse how is that posey?

in regards to gloves he is usually uses a 11.5, but has a 11.25 as well.

Comment

yep. Gotta have turfs and spikes same color same order from New Balance every year.

Premier league?

Comment

JS- I would say almost all competitive high school programs will have POs. My kid went that way a little over a year ago. It really depends on the program. But most varsity HS programs don't want their top 2 pitchers hurt on bases.

Comment

Yea. And these teams make you wear the same shoe. Not just same color so you can.not buy last years model for 1/2 the price. All kids wear exact same model, height, color
                        Combo

Comment

Yea. And these teams make you wear the same shoe. Not just same color so you can.not buy last years model for 1/2 the price. All kids wear exact same model, height, color
                          Combo

Yeah we played with the Ft Worth Cats. In the pic I posted you can see the new balance logo. Someone made some money!!

Comment

Flu. It is very unfortunate at the way youth sports have turned into a cash cow. We don't spend near as much as most parents that play with my kid. No lessons and I tell the coaches now that my kid only pitches one game a tournament so I won't pay same as kid that can play every inning of tourney. He does not take time and effort to coach hitting/fielding. He only works during their time when going over cuts, backups, and picks. Did not make sense for me to pay the same as a shortsstop receiving coaching and reps at the plate

Comment

let me ask a question, how does your team handle kids using other kids bats? We've broke several this year and one was a $249 bat a kid was using that belonged to another kid. I don't mind kids using my sons bat to test it out, but it usually ends up becoming a team or every game loaner. Do your teams just expect the parent of the kid who broke it to pay for it? is it ever addressed by the coaches?

As I think I mentioned, my son broke his first 918 within a week, luckily it was under warranty. I said earlier in another post above I bought him a 517 recently, the main purpose of that was for him to take BP with it to keep hits off the new 918 (I know composites get better with hits, but at some point they break too).

Comment

Originally posted by gofish24 View Post
                                My son just moved to 10u. he used the Velo composite all year and it seemed to have decent pop. he never liked the Easton mako's composite. Bought him a 918 a month ago and it seems to have decent pop as well. for grins I bought him a 517 last week and after 1 bp session I think its his new favorite....hitting again tonight before our weekend tournament so Im waiting to see if he's changed his mind.

Jshouse how is that posey?

in regards to gloves he is usually uses a 11.5, but has a 11.25 as well.
                                it sounds good

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                                I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Working...
                                X