No announcement yet.

Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STX Outlaws in McAllan showed up to Baseball USA as AA team and was disqualified when they added some kids that bumped them to majors. Stupid move on the coaches part guess they spent a lot of money on hotel for nothing lesson learned. Hate coaches that try and slip by with teams that don't belong especially the valley teams!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
      STX Outlaws in McAllan showed up to Baseball USA as AA team and was disqualified when they added some kids that bumped them to majors. Stupid move on the coaches part guess they spent a lot of money on hotel for nothing lesson learned. Hate coaches that try and slip by with teams that don't belong especially the valley teams!
      I don't get it. All to win a little cheap ring? LOL I'm glad they got DQ'd and stuck with rooms for no reason!

Comment

The 9u championship game of the Elite 32 in Florida is streaming right now on usssalive.com

The infamous Texas Bombers vs the Banditos Force, also out of Texas.

The 10u championship is on next, Alamo Drillers out of San Antonio are playing, they are the #1 ranked 10u team in the country.

Comment

And the stream goes down...

Comment

Both of our Dynasty 9-11U teams made the elite 32 this year. We have played the Alamo Drillers a few times always a good close game.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              And the stream goes down...
              USSSA cant seem to get anything right and the field looked terrible.

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in getting their son into select ball or just unhappy with your current situation but the Marucci Elite 8u-14u will now be running out of The Legends Sports Complex in The Woodlands. Looks like tryouts are at the last few weeks of August.

Comment

Saw that the Banditos pulled out the close victory - heard it was a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    Saw that the Banditos pulled out the close victory - heard it was a great game.
                    bombers were leading then had a couple of costly errors. Missed fly ball in left and ground ball past the right fielder. Bombers flew in their catcher from Cali and put their Texas catcher in right field. in the 6th bomber base runner was stealing on a fly to right, never even looked for the ball and was doubled off.

good reminder that even elite level players make mistakes, need to be easier on my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by gofish24 View Post
                      bombers were leading then had a couple of costly errors. Missed fly ball in left and ground ball past the right fielder. Bombers flew in their catcher from Cali and put their Texas catcher in right field. in the 6th bomber base runner was stealing on a fly to right, never even looked for the ball and was doubled off.

good reminder that even elite level players make mistakes, need to be easier on my kids.
                      Heard about that catcher. Tough break for the kiddos.

Comment

Well my coaching days are over now officially. I handed the team I have been coaching for over two years over to the organization for a paid coach to take over. It is a bitter sweet moment for me but I know it is the best thing for my son long term. I have been coaching him since he was 3-4 years old.

Just hoping we get a few boys that we need to make our team better. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                          Well my coaching days are over now officially. I handed the team I have been coaching for over two years over to the organization for a paid coach to take over. It is a bitter sweet moment for me but I know it is the best thing for my son long term. I have been coaching him since he was 3-4 years old.

Just hoping we get a few boys that we need to make our team better. Time will tell.
                          What organization did you go with? How old is your son? I've been thinking about this myself. I love coaching, but I think I'd rather be in the stands and when I want to do a work out it can be with my son and maybe a few other boys as opposed to the entire team.

I agree and think at a certain point it is better for the kids development. I also think it would be better for the relationship I have with my son.
                          Last edited by gofish24; 08-01-2017, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gofish24 View Post
                            What organization did you go with? How old is your son? I've been thinking about this myself. I love coaching, but I think I'd rather be in the stands and when I want to do a work out it can be with my son and maybe a few other boys as opposed to the entire team.

I agree and think at a certain point it is better for the kids development. I also think it would be better for the relationship I have with my son.
                            I did this a couple of years ago. Let my son try out and play for a coach that didn't really know who he was. It was interesting to see his perception of my sons skills etc.. Also interesting watching him put him in different positions.

Now again, this year. We tried out for a new team with a paid coach that doesn't really know him. Primarily because we've always played an age level above and now we have decided to drop down into his own age bracket. Found out yesterday he made the team and he is super excited. Again, it will be exciting to see what this coach thinks of him and where he thinks he best fits on the team.

Comment

We're on a new team as well.. son worked out with the team for over a month...which was a long tryout..(and the right way to do tryouts in my opinion).. with about 25 other kids..
                              Great coaching, great kids, good parents, and the best part is I can sit and enjoy watching him learn and play - wherever the coach wants him.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                We're on a new team as well.. son worked out with the team for over a month...which was a long tryout..(and the right way to do tryouts in my opinion).. with about 25 other kids..
                                Great coaching, great kids, good parents, and the best part is I can sit and enjoy watching him learn and play - wherever the coach wants him.
                                Sounds like a good fit if it has lasted that long.

I have never officially Coached my Son's team, and am the Dad standing off to the side away from everybody. I'm terrible at keeping a silent face, and sometimes mutter some things that I dont want anyone else to hear, lol. Never screaming, but if someone was by me, they may overhear some unpleasant remarks.

The AA team that my Son made is moving up to AAA apparently. Not sure if this makes a ton of difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X