Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    Read an article on the players that are flown in and the Coach just yesterday.

Not my money, and as long as the kids are having fun.
    Agree at the majors level, although it is chicken S to watch teams show up like that in AA and even AAA tournaments with the max number of majors kids, kids who are even playing majors level at older divisions too. You might not think 4 kids could be a big deal but when they pitch it is, there is a big gap there. And it's not just them, there are teams doing this every weekend in every tournament.

We know a team that just won 2 games in their world series last week by forfeit because 2 teams from Louisiana showed up with illegal rosters and were disqualified.

I said it before, you can't fault the guy for trying to win and bringing the best kids every weekend, I want my kid playing against the best, but to see the stuff he pulls during games will drive you crazy lol. Stealing signs, the balk dance I mentioned, wasting time...he has the most talented team in pretty much every tournament they play, and he still reverts to shenanigans when the games are close.

Comment

Originally posted by gofish24 View Post
      they try to justify it but its ridiculous. it be like me coaching my team all week and then having one of you guys to take them to a tournament and coach them.

we played them in a crossover game of our world series. it determined if we would be in the top bracket or second bracket (out of 6 brackets). they had 4 of their majors kids on the team to play our AAA team. they beat us, but it was fun to see how our kids stacked up against them. they moved on to platinum bracket and we went on to gold. the dumb part is that all of the majors kids after playing in that game against us had to leave to go to their world series starting the next day. so in bracket play they were minus their big guns and got beat in game 1.
      I just can't understand how a parent would want their kid playing for a team knowing that some new kid could show up come Sunday and take his spot. Just look at the USSSA roster, some of those teams have 20+ kids, so as a parent of a kid towards the bottom you just hope you get the text on Friday, can't see how that is appealing.

I guess their is a little pride and knowing that we show up with the same 11 every weekend ready to go. The same 11 that were at practice on Tuesday and Friday are the same 11 that will be playing Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

a kid I know was playing for another team and they saw him. bombers talked to his parents and offered to pay mileage, room, board etc and he became a bomber. he started when he was 8 and was a hired gun on sundays and played for several of their teams. the kid is 11 now and not playing baseball. he burnt out, so in some cases it can be bad for the kids being brought in too. I think never having that bond with a set team hurt him as well as too much ball.

we are a "daddy ball team" and love the fact that our kids have advanced to AAA and aren't afraid to play anyone! its very fulfilling knowing we are helping these boys develop and compete through hard work.

Comment

Im kinda glad my kid is winding down for a few months. He has a few workouts he is going to but I think e is done with tournament play. I need a little time off.

Comment

So the little guy made two AA squads, and going to try a AAA team just to see if he could. He looked good, and man those rec league gloves and bats ARE NOTHING like what these youngsters were toting around. They had suitcases with them for goodness sakes, lol.

Thank yall a ton for helping me through this stuff. Have a lot of options to sift through. Best part was he had a great time. He absolutely soaked up the competition, and talked about how good all the other players were.

Comment

Fun is what its all about, but depending on what your sons goals are don't put him on a team where he fits right in talent wise with the other players. Put him on a team where he has to work to get better to fit in, especially if he likes competition. I think it's wise to try AAA. They bumped a lot of AA to AAA this year and the gap isn't that big.

What AAA team you looking at?

Comment

So the little guy made two AA squads, and going to try a AAA team just to see if he could. He looked good, and man those rec league gloves and bats ARE NOTHING like what these youngsters were toting around. They had suitcases with them for goodness sakes, lol.

Thank yall a ton for helping me through this stuff. Have a lot of options to sift through. Best part was he had a great time. He absolutely soaked up the competition, and talked about how good all the other players were.
                Get ready sir. I had 2 playing but we didn't have a weekend off for almost 4 months

Sad part is, other than being able to get my feeders filled and cameras going, I miss it, and can't wait to get going again.

Comment

Fun is what its all about, but depending on what your sons goals are don't put him on a team where he fits right in talent wise with the other players. Put him on a team where he has to work to get better to fit in, especially if he likes competition. I think it's wise to try AAA. They bumped a lot of AA to AAA this year and the gap isn't that big.

NTX Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    Get ready sir. I had 2 playing but we didn't have a weekend off for almost 4 months

Sad part is, other than being able to get my feeders filled and cameras going, I miss it, and can't wait to get going again.
                    I already have no weekends, lol. 2 Competitive cheerleaders, club volleyball and now this for Fall.

Comment

NTX Eagles
                      Great org here as well.

Comment

I already have no weekends, lol. 2 Competitive cheerleaders, club volleyball and now this for Fall.
                        Haha

Comment

I agree with this as well, he sounds very competitive and very aware of what's going on if he's talking about the other kids afterwards.

Comment

any ellis county (Waxahachie, mildo or surrounding towns) 9u headed to 10u teams here?

Comment

yup.
                              Weekends are for people with inactive kids... wouldn't have it any other way..

Comment

any ellis county (Waxahachie, mildo or surrounding towns) 9u headed to 10u teams here?
                                Crickets....open tryout tonight in Ovilla for Super Sox.

Comment

Working...
                                X