Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Did your league adopt the age pure August 31st date?

The only thing I hope they never do is by birth year like soccer. Then you'll have teams trying to load up with January birthdays.
    no we play TSB, USSSA, TCS. I believe PEB and ASE did make the change(not that their tournaments here make). I figured if USSSA changes the rest will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by gofish24 View Post
      no we play TSB, USSSA, TCS. I believe PEB and ASE did make the change(not that their tournaments here make). I figured if USSSA changes the rest will follow.
      PONY adopted it for 2018 along with the USAbat change. Utrip will probably jump in the mix at some point, everyone else has.

Comment

yea I figured they wait till after their world series to keep teams from making moves mid year. Knowing everyone is re-filling their rosters now it'd be nice to know their plans. I read a release saying they would not be changing, guess time will tell.

Comment

the Waxahachie tournament is TSE. The Lightning Elite is scheduled to play a team that is probably a low level select team in the rangers and a pretty good 9/10U team called turn 2.

if you haven't committed, there are a ton of tryouts going on right now. there are several forums on the facebook where tryouts are posted (north texas baseball vs the world is one of the most popular ones).

triplecreek, not sure about the programs there but the tournaments I have attended there have been horrible.
          this is true, not sure how much that has to do with the teams but the tournaments there are bad.

look at NTX Tribe, the website says they are out of sachse but I think their 9u might be out of mckinney

Comment

yea I figured they wait till after their world series to keep teams from making moves mid year. Knowing everyone is re-filling their rosters now it'd be nice to know their plans. I read a release saying they would not be changing, guess time will tell.
            yeah it would be nice for them to put some info out at least a year in advance, we would lose 3-4 kids if they made the change.

Comment

for those looking for tryouts, here are a few facebook groups with tryouts posted right now

north texas baseball vs the world
              texas select baseball events
              north texas baseball exchange

Comment

Yep there are a lot of tryouts going on over the next couple of weeks. I have said this before as just a reminder, make sure you check the program and coaches that you will be trying out for to make sure your player is being put in the best situation for him or her. There are a ton of Pro coaches out there that are not very good and just take your money. Good luck to all trying out.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  for those looking for tryouts, here are a few facebook groups with tryouts posted right now

north texas baseball vs the world
                  texas select baseball events
                  north texas baseball exchange
                  FYI if your son plays on a majors team and plays down on a AA team to win a ring or your team flys players in from all over the world to win don't post about it :-)

Comment

FYI if your son plays on a majors team and plays down on a AA team to win a ring or your team flys players in from all over the world to win don't post about it :-)

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^Do we have some Haltom City Bombers on here?

Comment

Most Major players won't play AA b/c it makes the whole team just up to AAA or Majors. There are teams that fly kids in from all over, all I can say about that is it a good organization that can do that and kids want to play for them. It also says a lot about the kid so I don't take it away from him, if the parents and the team can do it without breaking the rules I'm fine with it. We see it every year.

Comment

higher level kids can play down as long as there aren't over a certain number of them on the team, not that the organizations really check player levels.

Comment

higher level kids can play down as long as there aren't over a certain number of them on the team, not that the organizations really check player levels.
                            Right, I think that number is 4.

I think the Texas Bombers are who you are referring to Chad, they are well known for all the above.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              Right, I think that number is 4.

I think the Texas Bombers are who you are referring to Chad, they are well known for all the above.
                              Read an article on the players that are flown in and the Coach just yesterday.

Not my money, and as long as the kids are having fun.

Comment

they try to justify it but its ridiculous. it be like me coaching my team all week and then having one of you guys to take them to a tournament and coach them.

we played them in a crossover game of our world series. it determined if we would be in the top bracket or second bracket (out of 6 brackets). they had 4 of their majors kids on the team to play our AAA team. they beat us, but it was fun to see how our kids stacked up against them. they moved on to platinum bracket and we went on to gold. the dumb part is that all of the majors kids after playing in that game against us had to leave to go to their world series starting the next day. so in bracket play they were minus their big guns and got beat in game 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X