Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    They pulled it off, went 8-0 on the weekend and only gave up 5 runs in the 8 games. They finished up the season winning 12 in a row including 4 against 10uAAA so we are excited to see these boys next year. We will still play a few tournaments in the Fall but it will be nice to get a little football in too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    by any chance do you know dave dickey and his 2 boys that play with the tigers?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
      by any chance do you know dave dickey and his 2 boys that play with the tigers?
      No sir, the name doesn't ring a bell.

Great job to the gunners and all you other guys playing this week

My 6u son is 3-0 so far, going for 4 at 1130 today in the USSSA world series here in the. We've never been beaten by a 6u team but there are a couple of real salty ones up here this week so it will be a great test.

Good luck to you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by jp77 View Post
        Super proud of my boy and the 9u Gunners! We walked away with the championship ring here in San Marcos at the mid/south World Series today. It's been a long week, playing 6 games and some super tough competition. All teams there were super tough, and I couldn't be happier with the performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Congratulations to yall! My son is the short stop for the Cannons. That was a great game down to the last out. Your son's team deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by simp76 View Post
          Congratulations to yall! My son is the short stop for the Cannons. That was a great game down to the last out. Your son's team deserved it.

Thank you sir! It was a hard fought game, and your boys are the best we have ever played! All around your group was great, from the players to the parents. We look forward to playing y'all again no doubt!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well we are still undefeated and are getting ready to play the #1 seed Sinton Sandcrabs, something's gotta give! #1 vs #2! It's a battle for the ages!

Comment

The streak came to an end today, we lost 8 to 7 to the sandcrabs and will have to win at 8 tomorrow morning to get another shot at them. It was tied 7 to 7 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 6th and we came up short on a play at the plate.

It was one of the best baseball games I've seen in person, both teams played awesome.

Back at it again tomorrow

Comment

do you guys think USSSA will change the age groups as some others organizations have? makes a lot of sense to me, so im guessing USSSA wont do it. It would cost us 2 kids, but I think they should make the change.

Comment

Originally posted by gofish24 View Post
                  do you guys think USSSA will change the age groups as some others organizations have? makes a lot of sense to me, so im guessing USSSA wont do it. It would cost us 2 kids, but I think they should make the change.
                  What are the changes? Are they changing the birth date requirements from May to January?

Comment

Finally came to the decision to get into some Select. First ever tryout went great - Selected to play Pitcher / SS and possibly CF. Never heard of the team though. (Ex/Mom is finding teams) - Lightning Elite AA team out of Frisco / McKinney area.

Another tryout for a Triple Creek Twins ?? tomorrow.

We are trying to keep it to Frisco / McKinney / Allen area if anyone knows of some other teams or tryouts for Fall ball. He will be 10 in September.

They also mentioned a tournament in Waxahachie this weekend ?

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                      What are the changes? Are they changing the birth date requirements from May to January?
                      My guess would be the August 31st cutoff, It's all based on keeping 13 year olds out of the Little League World Series. So other organizations have begun to adopt it.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        Finally came to the decision to get into some Select. First ever tryout went great - Selected to play Pitcher / SS and possibly CF. Never heard of the team though. (Ex/Mom is finding teams) - Lightning Elite AA team out of Frisco / McKinney area.

We are trying to keep it to Frisco / McKinney / Allen area if anyone knows of some other teams or tryouts for Fall ball. He will be 10 in September.

congrats to your son the NTX eagles are one of the best organizations around and they are out of allen I believe. they have two different 9u teams, which will be 10u in the fall, one of them is one of the top 3-4 teams in the state. they would be worth a look for sure.

the twins have a good organization as well, with their own facilities which is always a plus.

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          My guess would be the August 31st cutoff, It's all based on keeping 13 year olds out of the Little League World Series. So other organizations have begun to adopt it.
                          other organizations are moving the birth dates to keep kids in the same school grade playing together. we have 2 kids that were in the 4th grade this year playing with our other 9 3rd graders.

Comment

Originally posted by gofish24 View Post
                            other organizations are moving the birth dates to keep kids in the same school grade playing together. we have 2 kids that were in the 4th grade this year playing with our other 9 3rd graders.
                            Did your league adopt the age pure August 31st date?

The only thing I hope they never do is by birth year like soccer. Then you'll have teams trying to load up with January birthdays.

Utrip didn't adopt the new USAbat change either.
                            Last edited by Chad C; 07-13-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

the Waxahachie tournament is TSE. The Lightning Elite is scheduled to play a team that is probably a low level select team in the rangers and a pretty good 9/10U team called turn 2.

if you haven't committed, there are a ton of tryouts going on right now. there are several forums on the facebook where tryouts are posted (north texas baseball vs the world is one of the most popular ones).

triplecreek, not sure about the programs there but the tournaments I have attended there have been horrible.

Comment

double post

Comment

Working...
                                X