No announcement yet.

Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, it would help my older son with a january birthday but my younger one would go from oldest to one of the youngest, he is a may birthday so he is the oldest on his team right now.

the main drawback would be busting up teams, i would hate for my little one to lose his current coach.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      yeah, it would help my older son with a january birthday but my younger one would go from oldest to one of the youngest, he is a may birthday so he is the oldest on his team right now.

the main drawback would be busting up teams, i would hate for my little one to lose his current coach.
      if you find anything more on this.. please let me know.. ill do the same..

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Good stuff guys, congrats to the young'uns!

Brady got his 1st homer this weekend...which is basically a ground ball to the fence. He's smashed a few others, but they hit kids or there was a slow runner in front of him. He was excited. Still having trouble finding any competition in tee ball, and still getting drove in 8U. I can't wait to coach that 8U team next year.
        Stick with it man. When we started 8u we lost 20 games in a row. It was getting tough driving all over the place but the boys were still having fun and learning. Once we finally won a game it's like a light turned on. We've been on a roll since.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWicked1 View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
          Now this is what I like seeing!!! Makes a grown man smile.

Sad on the other hand, it's become about rings/rankings and not the kids learning and improving.

My 7 year old hit 2 bombs and hit .525 for the tourney. Plays on Derek Jeter's AAU team, All America USSSA shortstop...10 years later still on JV as a Junior and parents can't understand why. Man that worked out great

Some of yall will get so mad...but I laugh and giggle at parents nowadays. Just glad not everyone lives thru their kids and their little gold rings

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Sad on the other hand, it's become about rings/rankings and not the kids learning and improving.

My 7 year old hit 2 bombs and hit .525 for the tourney. Plays on Derek Jeter's AAU team, All America USSSA shortstop...10 years later still on JV as a Junior and parents can't understand why. Man that worked out great

Some of yall will get so mad...but I laugh and giggle at parents nowadays. Just glad not everyone lives thru their kids and their little gold rings

my mom has a closet full of BMX trophies from the late 80's that my brother and i won. my uncle drove 4 of us around in his bronco pulling a trailer full of bikes from dallas to little rock to houston and west texas, staying in hotels every weekend for 2 or 3 years...where did that get anyone? nowhere. does it matter? nope. we all had fun and have memories we will never forget from those days, literally stories we still tell over and over every year when we get together.

you have no idea how these kids practice or what they are learning but feel like you can sit back and "laugh and giggle" because everyone is "chasing rings." you sound like that guy i work with that has the same attitude and wont let his boys play sports because he doesnt have time for it and its all wasted money yet who also complains that his boys are lazy and all they want to do is play video games...

Comment

Yet you clicked the thread called "Select Baseball".......
              Move on. Parent your own kid.
              No one cares what you think about this subject.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Daniel boys 2017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	24492813

4 gallons of milk a week.

Between games and practice, we're at the ball fields almost every day.
                Watching the boys teach, cheer and support each other...its good stuff.

Oldest plays catcher for a 13U AAA team in Austin.

Name:	jaxon1.jpg
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	24492814

Name:	jaxon2.jpg
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	24492815

Name:	jaxon3.jpg
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	24492816

They made it to the Championship game in a tourney in Pflugerville Sunday afternoon.

I love this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                  [ATTACH]849865[/ATTACH]

4 gallons of milk a week.

Between games and practice, we're at the ball fields almost every day.
                  Watching the boys teach, cheer and support each other...its good stuff.

Oldest plays catcher for a 13U AAA team in Austin.

[ATTACH]849866[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]849867[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]849868[/ATTACH]

They made it to the Championship game in a tourney in Pflugerville Sunday afternoon.

I love this time of year.

Holy smokes, that's my son, the lefty hitting in the pictures above. He was also playing first base. Small world!!!! That big lefty was tough, he's just so big he was in the kid's head immediately when he took the mound. Definitely an imposing figure throwing from 55'. He also taught our pitchers the value of keeping the ball down. Did ya'll win or lose against the Renegades?

Comment

Oops, miss understood post...
                    Last edited by TXJIM; 04-11-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                      Holy smokes, that's my son, the lefty hitting in the pictures above. He was also playing first base. Small world!!!! That big lefty was tough, he's just so big he was in the kid's head immediately when he took the mound. Definitely an imposing figure throwing from 55'. He also taught our pitchers the value of keeping the ball down. Did ya'll win or lose against the Renegades?
                      That's awesome, lol.
                      That big lefty is 13 and splits time with us and the Sox 14U team.
                      Renegades beat us 8-5, they were throwing that ball around like a Majors team.
                      They are good.

I'll come say hi next time I see y'all at a tourney.

Comment

A Mom from our team just sent a cool pic sequence of my boy making a nice play behind the plate.

Name:	j1.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	24493368

Name:	j2.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	24493369

Name:	j3.jpg
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	24493370

Name:	j4.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	24493371

Name:	j5.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	24493372

Name:	j6.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	24493373

Comment

Great pics - good concentration on that one
                          Last edited by jer_james; 04-19-2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I just come in here to read. I am a HS baseball coach so it is fun to see the different perspectives.

We have an Athletic Policy that our kids can't play club/select during the HS season as with most HS.. Well a coaching buddies school doesn't so one of his kids parents told his son that the select coach can get him a full ride so he IS going to play... Middle of HS district... Starting Pitcher and throwing pretty dang well...... slide into second....broke leg

Comment

My son is 9 and has played just LL ball so far (about 4 years) but he will move up to Intermediate this fall. He has invites before but we are were/are waiting for the right time/team. I have been one of his coaches almost from the beginning so I know he is getting quality instruction (as are all the other kids on his teams last couple of seasons). I hate reading about and seeing some of the bad experiences, we have a real solid organization. Like almost anything you get out what you put in.
                              Some of the coaches are forming a tournament team/not sure if it falls under "select" but probably of some of the 9/10's moving up and others to push them. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Anybody playing the April 29-30 Raining Bombs NIT Star Tourny? At Texas Star Park in Euless. We will be there in the 7/U Bracket. This will be our first "Select" tournament but our boys can play pretty well.

Son is #13 on the Angels. Stop and say hi if you see us around.

Name:	Makai Hitting.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	24493377

Comment

Working...
                                X