No announcement yet.

Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happens in any league ...any sport that involves...parents, kids, coaches, and/or referees.....
    its sad and it sucks..but you wont be able to run and hide from it...people will be people..

we'll be at the yard (bbusa) this weekend...

Comment

Select baseball parents: despite the odds against the thousands of kids playing youth ball, SOMEBODY DOES go to the "next level". My son played Little League through age 12, then played with the Austin Wings up through the end of their program at the junior year of high school; then played with Hill Country. Many skills and great lessons throughout. Coach at Wings converted Eric to the submarine arm slot, since it was a more natural angle for him. He now plays JUCO ball and is doing pretty well.

I would invite parents of high school players aspiring to go to the "next level" to post info, highlights, video or whatever on the Juco Baseball thread I started yesterday. Do it for the same reason we tell kids to run out a popup -- "you never know!"

Comment

Here's a still shot of Eric.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
          Here's a still shot of Eric.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
          Old school stirrups! Are they coming back? I used to hate those **** things, couldn't ever find both of them on game day.

Comment

we will be at the star in Euless at 1230p and 2p for my 6yo and then off to triple creek in McKinney for 630p and 815p games for my 9yo, I just hope sunday game times work out as well...

good luck to all you guys

Comment

yup we're at bbusa .. good luck to ya'll

Comment

I am curious...what are yalls annual/monthly costs to play with these programs, on these nice fields, customized jerseys, and coaching fees?

Comment

We will be in Waco this weekend for 8U. Excited to finally start the season.

Comment

Fees

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    I am curious...what are yalls annual/monthly costs to play with these programs, on these nice fields, customized jerseys, and coaching fees?
                    Select ball is not cheap by any means.

One Time Team Registration / Fee = $$$$
                    Uniforms/Shoes/Bags/Practice Uniforms = $$$
                    Monthly Coaching Fees = $$
                    Monthly Tournament Costs = $$

No idea what that comes up to, but i would estimate $2500 - $3500 a year.

May be more or less depending on the organization and age group.

Comment

Cost

I would say right around $3k/yr

Comment

I'm not allowed to tally it...because then I'd have to tally my daughters competitive cheer up... and I've been told very sternly and directly not to do that by my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by seeing reds View Post
                          Select ball is not cheap by any means.

One Time Team Registration / Fee = $$$$
                          Uniforms/Shoes/Bags/Practice Uniforms = $$$
                          Monthly Coaching Fees = $$
                          Monthly Tournament Costs = $$

No idea what that comes up to, but i would estimate $2500 - $3500 a year.

May be more or less depending on the organization and age group.
                          This is close but luckily with my 6yo's team they have found sponsors for everything, we don't pay for anything. My 9yo is more expensive but we did a fundraiser that paid for the entire fall and are working on some things to help with the spring.

Most select teams will be between $800-1200 in the fall and $1200-1800 in the spring, depending on how many tournaments you play, if you have a paid coach, and if you have to pay for practice facilities. This is what I have seen up till about 14u, I think it jumps a bit as they get older.

Also, you can add lessons to these costs.

Fundraisers and sponsors are your friend.

Comment

Got our first tournament of the season this weekend. Boys have been practicing hard. Ready for some baseball

Comment

We are headed down south tomorrow. Playing at the scrapyards this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

To be honest I will miss it, but I can't wait for select ball to be over. We still have a few years left, but the parents ruin the experience for the kids 9-10 times by thinking their kid is better than what they really are and all the drama starts. Parents please stay out of the way and let your kids play and let the coaches coach. The only time you should get involved is if your kids just can't get along with the kids and coach and it's just a bad situation for all or your child is just not getting what you paid for other than that stay clear and let them play. We understand you want your player to play the infield, but if he helps the team in the outfield then let it be someone has to do it. Just relax let the kids play and enjoy the season this happens every year on every team. Hope you guys have a great season for the rest of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X