Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
    Your infielders need to get ready for fielding hops at their eye level. My experience is they adjust fairly quickly. Try to get on a field in time to take a few grounders before your game starts.
    Yeh we're scheduling a practice on Thursday on some turf..

Comment

Any DFW area tournaments going on ?

Comment

I envy those parents whose kids love to play baseball. I played from little league through high school. No select ball back then. However my dad had no interest in my passion. Later I played fast pitch and slow pitch softball until I was 48 years old until I tore up a second shoulder.

My son was not athletically inclined. Took after his mom in coordination and desire for competition. I cannot imagine the fun and pride it brings to have a kid excel this way but I can tell you that it is something you should appreciate. Those years spent with the child and what the activity will give them and you is priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          Any DFW area tournaments going on ?
          This weekend is the Triple Crown Season Opener, most of the good dfw teams will be playing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            I envy those parents whose kids love to play baseball. I played from little league through high school. No select ball back then. However my dad had no interest in my passion. Later I played fast pitch and slow pitch softball until I was 48 years old until I tore up a second shoulder.

My son was not athletically inclined. Took after his mom in coordination and desire for competition. I cannot imagine the fun and pride it brings to have a kid excel this way but I can tell you that it is something you should appreciate. Those years spent with the child and what the activity will give them and you is priceless.
            [emoji106] [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              He and his two buddies are the 3 ball players of the bunch, they were in the same day care since they were a few month old, played on every soccer, tee ball, basketball team together ever since. They are always the 3 best players, and they love playing together. I heard a rumor of an ALL STAR team later this spring....I just hope the powers that be don't put a 2 player per team limit on it, as I doubt there are 4 kids in the whole league who can play with our 3. We'll just have fun and see where it goes.
              Dale are ya'll playing in the JYA Justin league?

My 14 year old may be umpiring there.

He would be playing travel ball now but is sitting out this Spring with an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                If your spending 40-60k on one team to play you need to find a new organization unless this includes some college exposure travel.
                That's basically all it is. The older team is fully funded and 16 of the 18 kids are committed to either a Big 12 or SEC school. I think that organization has a pretty good feel for what they're doing. Their alumni speak for itself.

The younger guys are just under $40k divided by 15 players and two full time coaches. They are currently the top ranked team in the county and compete nationally. These guys also have a good grasp on the game. Do the math...it's no more expensive per player than any of these teams that carry 10-11 players and wear them down every weekend. Our catchers don't pitch. They don't catch back to back games. Our pitchers sit prior to their start and usually after as well.

That's a broad stroke statement to "find a new organization." It's worked very well for both of my boys and we couldn't be happier. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                  Dale are ya'll playing in the JYA Justin league?

My 14 year old may be umpiring there.

He would be playing travel ball now but is sitting out this Spring with an injury.

No, we're playing in Boyd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We play for a team out of Temple and our first tournament will be March 25th in Waco.

Comment

Correct

You are correct, that was an 11U major team. We do not play this weekend, we will play again 11th/12th @ baseball USA.

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
                      That was the 12 silver 11u I think. There were 3 12 teams in it and two 12 silver.

Are you guys playing this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by seeing reds View Post
                        You are correct, that was an 11U major team. We do not play this weekend, we will play again 11th/12th @ baseball USA.
                        OK. Good luck and I'm sure we will see you around BBUSA.

Comment

With my 14 yo son sitting out injured this Spring we are doing a lot of fishing and hog hunting but will definitely miss being on the diamond!

This thread will be fun to watch...pulling for other TBH kiddos to make some noise on the ball field!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIQvrKNG9Tc"]Gage Home Run - Fall 2016 - YouTube[/ame]
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiI3S4FEl78"]IMG 1925 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Ill pipe in! Proud father of a boy on a 10U AAA team here in Friendswood. Blue sox. We have been involved with a select team since he was 7. Definitely enjoy watching the quality of ball played in these tournaments. Tons of time and money spent but he has the potential to make it at least in college. He is eaten up with it! We are very careful with him and dont allow him to overwork. Seen too many injuries due to overdoing it. We will be at BBUSA this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                              With my 14 yo son sitting out injured this Spring we are doing a lot of fishing and hog hunting but will definitely miss being on the diamond!

This thread will be fun to watch...pulling for other TBH kiddos to make some noise on the ball field!

Gage Home Run - Fall 2016 - YouTube
                              IMG 1925 - YouTube
                              Good stuff man[emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Yessir, I do appreciate our time watching, playing, talking baseball very much. I was lucky to have a son that loves the game and is pretty good at it too. Something special about this game. Enjoying the ride and not worrying too much about the "next" level. Work hard and play hard and if it is meant to be, it is meant to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X