X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

louisiana flooding

saw on the news a lot of folks got hit hard. prayers going out to all

A
    Lot of folks fixin to get it bad south of toledo bend on the sabine. LAke is releasing 200,000cfs!!! Lots of rds closed n washed out culverts in sabine vernon natch n desoto parrishes. We gonnal have a lot of grading n culvert replacing on the 100,000 a res my company owns in those areas!!

Comment

We have friends on Lake Clayburn that have lost their dock, their boat house, two boats and the water is approaching the house.

Comment

Bistineau came up 6' tuesday night n flooded all those folks out n all the way into bossier n tons of houses there. Many n hornbeck under water as well, vernon lake way up n flooding folks as well. Annacoco is right n there with them n its still raining!!!

Comment

I'm in Alexandria today and it's raining cats & dogs

Shreveport, Haughton, and West Monroe got hammered yesterday with serious flooding

Front stalled out with more rain predicted all day Thurs and Friday

Some areas could see 10-12" over a 3 day period

Comment

I live about 5 miles from Rayburn Dam and we recorded about 10" of rain in the last 2 1/2 days with more to come.

Doug Key

Comment

Goodness....that's a lot of water.

Comment

supposed to be going to Gonzales tomorrow for the weekend. Has it gotten bad that far east yet?

Comment

Will also prevent Texoma releasing water into the red river if gets too high. Same happened before with potential flooding in La. they were unable to release water then from gates.

Comment

Originally posted by smokin feathers View Post
                    Bistineau came up 6' tuesday night n flooded all those folks out n all the way into bossier n tons of houses there. Many n hornbeck under water as well, vernon lake way up n flooding folks as well. Annacoco is right n there with them n its still raining!!!
                    My parents lived on Vernon for years, hope all the folks in affected areas make it out.

Comment

Ive got 14" plus here south of shelbyville n still raining as well. Vernon n annacoco lake as well as evans n burr ferry being evacuated. Toledo gates were at 22' releasing 200,000 cfs have since been opened to 28'!!!!! Gonna be worse than 1989 down river!!

Comment

just spoke to my buddy who lives in Bossier , 20" of rain in the last 36 hours

many parts of I-49, and I-20 were closed due to flooding

amazing flood, river rising numbers

Comment

TOLEDO BEND

9 Gates open at 22' - which is insane. This is the flood gates as we speak, which for those of you who are not familiar, this is typically not much more than a creek.

Comment

We are beginning to pack up our house and start evacuating soon. I live on the Sabine River. Wish us luck!

Comment

Good luck duckhunter 2007, prayers sent. My sister lives in Vinton, not by the river though.

Comment

Working...
                              X