No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We put down one of our Cull bucks tonight. We called him the Crab Claw 8. 131-6/8 264lbs, 9-1/2yrs old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

He's a pig!!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice, heavy deer!

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
          Was sighting in the new scope on my rifle and this bobcat comes out 129 yards past the 100 yrd targets. I didn't even have it zeroed in yet but took the shot anyway and nailed it.

It's that aiming fluid you're using! Works every time!!

Oh look a squirrel!!

Comment

Our lease manager took this 179 2/8 main frame 10 2 weekends ago. 26" wide with 28" and 28.5" main beams. He had been looking at him and couldn't get him over 165".....boy was he wrong!! This is his 32nd year on our ranch and a testament to doing it the right way and shooting the right deer. One of the most management-minded guys out there, not to mention a first class man. Congrats Jerry!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
              Our lease manager took this 179 2/8 main frame 10 2 weekends ago. 26" wide with 28" and 28.5" main beams. He had been looking at him and couldn't get him over 165".....boy was he wrong!! This is his 32nd year on our ranch and a testament to doing it the right way and shooting the right deer. One of the most management-minded guys out there, not to mention a first class man. Congrats Jerry!
              Awesome Deer and awesome post!

Comment

What a deer!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice deer!

Comment

I with Jerry, when you posted 179 I was like what??? Then you mentioned those beams and width.. Crazy!! Beautiful buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                      I with Jerry, when you posted 179 I was like what??? Then you mentioned those beams and width.. Crazy!! Beautiful buck.
                      Jerry was calling out the numbers and we were all standing there watching. When Larry tallied it up, he looked at me and said "check my math"...I did and got the same thing. Damon did and got the same thing. Jerry was spraying off the cleaning deck....

Jerry: "Well? What is it?"

Larry: "What do you THINK it is Jerry?"

Jerry: "I'll say 168"

Larry: "Add 11 2/8 to that"

Jerry dropped the water hose in total disbelief with his eyes as big as saucers and a grin from ear to ear.... 32 years of hunting the land and by far the best deer of his life. It was really a cool thing to see a 70 year old man act like a kid who had just shot his first!
                      Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 10-21-2016, 09:22 AM. Reason: ...

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
                        Man our quail are doing good. Just had a hen cross the road with little 1" chicks following her. Might be on 2nd or 3rd hatch this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Yeah we have seen several big coven not too far off the main road. Second year in row with good hatches and cover.

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                        Ours are about 50/50 velvet to hard horn. It's beautiful in So Tx right now. Rattlebugs are out in force

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ha ha.. Great story.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Comment

Our place in Crystal City has been neglected this past year. I will be making the first trip down there next weekend to mow and fill feeders. Family issues have kept me from going down there solo to work on stuff, but now things are changing and its time for someone to step up and get it back into check. No telling what is broken or needs fixing.

Comment

South Texas Hunters 2016 Thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How is everybody's fawn crop looking this year? We aren't seeing that many fawns at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X