Covert camera wireless App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Are you using the Covert panel or the lesser feeder solar panels?

What Mah are your rechargeable AAs?

I'm using a higher end feeder solar panel

Don't remember the MAH of the AAs.

Only thing I'm using different than my other black hawk and code black is the amazon 12-6 converter. Might order the covert converter to see if that solves the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
      I'm using a higher end feeder solar panel

Don't remember the MAH of the AAs.

Only thing I'm using different than my other black hawk and code black is the amazon 12-6 converter. Might order the covert converter to see if that solves the problem.

A higher end feeder solar panel? Does that mean its just a more expensive panel doing the same output as cheaper panels or does it put out more juice?

Sounds like your solar panel cannot keep up with the draw on your battery.

AAs need to be 2400ish Mah....2000 Mah can be used if you have low deer numbers but I think yours with the axis are pretty high. If you bought some Energizers or RayOVacs at Walmart they are prob closer 1400-1500mah.

On the advice of roysmoke, I run the Covert panel and straight Eneloop Pro 2500 mah AA batteries (Amazon Basics 2400mah are cheaper and will work) and its been solid since February.....I even had a squirrel chew through 1/2 of my positive solar cable and it still kept it going at 40% of normal charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
        My new code black is giving me issues. It is running the 12 volt battery down. I added 8 rechargeable batteries and it worked for a few days before it started to drain the batteries. On Sunny days it will charge enough to take pictures. My 12-6 converter is drawing it down or I need fully charge the 12 volt battery. Any thoughts?
        You need like a 10AH solar panel that is not a cheap feeder one.

I have 4 Coverts running and just sent one back. 3 are working flawlessly for 1 year fully charged. The other I have gone thru 4 brand new 6-12v cords. I sent them all back and the camera. I think the camera is messing up the cords, or the input mechanism where the cord plugs in is bad.

I tested it with a voltage meter and the battery is reading 13v, and the cord is reading 6v. So both of those are good.

Comment

A higher end feeder solar panel? Does that mean its just a more expensive panel doing the same output as cheaper panels or does it put out more juice?

AAs need to be 2400ish Mah....2000 Mah can be used if you have low deer numbers but I think yours with the axis are pretty high. If you bought some Energizers or RayOVacs at Walmart they are prob closer 1400-1500mah.

On the advice of roysmoke, I run the Covert panel and straight Eneloop Pro 2500 mah AA batteries (Amazon Basics 2400mah are cheaper and will work) and its been solid since February.....I even had a squirrel chew through 1/2 of my positive solar cable and it still kept it going at 40% of normal charge.
          I have the old rigged up big panel, convertor, 12v and 6-12v convertor cord and has worked well.

Does the Covert panel keep the batteries on 9 fully charged? I have high deer and pig numbers and run it on 30sec delay. Intrigued by this method, but want to make 100% sure it will keep up before I drop more money on this

Comment

Agree with Smarts comments above. Additionaly, most never bother to think about the wiring....this is also a key contributor as it's pretty much creating the circuit between solar panel, battery (if external battery pack) and cam. Most of the cheaper solar panels (as Smart referred to) come with several feet of tiny gauge wire (28awg or smaller)...not to mention low quality. The Covert 12-6V converter cable is also about 5 feet long. I cutoff all of the extra length and went from ~10ft of wire down to 1.5ft., which I replaced with high grade 16awg wire. This may just be adding incremental value overall BUT I'm happy with it good luck

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
              Hey Jason, I tried to find the link to the antenna extension you posted and can't find it on this thread. Was that on a different thread. I am setting up 3 cameras with the better antenna and need the extension.

Copy the link slacker...

Comment

Thanks again. Gonna order them now so I wont have to later.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                  Thanks again. Gonna order them now so I wont have to later.

Yes sir... welcome!

Comment

I'm not sure what the output of the solar panel. I do know it's the same as the solar panels on my other Blackhawk and Code Black. They work flawless with the same set up. Only thing different is the 12-6v converter. The other 2 use the covert converter. I'm going to order the enelope batteries today.

Comment

I don't think the internals make a ****. Because mine can be almost dead and when I plug in my setup it immediately jumps to 9. I think it's mainly based on a good 5w or 10w panel and a fully charged 12v. With a good 6-12v cord of course as some of tnem crap out

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        I don't think the internals make a ****. Because mine can be almost dead and when I plug in my setup it immediately jumps to 9. I think it's mainly based on a good 5w or 10w panel and a fully charged 12v. With a good 6-12v cord of course as some of tnem crap out
                        My Eneloop Pro batteries and Covert panel have run untouched since last July. I am currently getting around 300 pics a day. The Eneloop Pro batteries and the right panel make a world of difference in my opinion.

Comment

300 pics a day?? In a 24hr day that would be a pic every 4.8 minutes all day and all night long.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            300 pics a day?? In a 24hr day that would be a pic every 4.8 minutes all day and all night long.

That would drive me insane! I'd have my trigger interval on 10 min.

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
                              My Eneloop Pro batteries and Covert panel have run untouched since last July. I am currently getting around 300 pics a day. The Eneloop Pro batteries and the right panel make a world of difference in my opinion.
                              How much are you paying for data a month? That's 9000 pics a month.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Covert camera wireless App?

The plan most of us have allows 34,000 pics over a 3 moths period.

Comment

Working...
                                X