Covert camera wireless App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
    My remote with the app has worked great. I turned on the timer during the summer when it was really hot and I was getting false negatives. As soon as it cooled off I turned off the timer (with my remote). I now let it rip and have no problems. My batteries go down to 6 bars in the morning and evening and go to 9 bars at noon. My set up is also under a little shade so I could get more sunlight if I moved it.

I know other people that say it works for them also. It never did for me. I got false triggers all day every day and couldn't stop it. I finally made a trip to the lease and put a Spartan out there and my problems went away. Maybe 1 false trigger a day in 105 degrees vs 1 every minute all day with the covert. I brought the covert home and put it deep in the woods after it cooled off some and it works fine now but the app doesn't. It's been running since September on just 12 AA batteries but after using these Spartans I do get frustrated with the picture quality.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
      I know other people that say it works for them also. It never did for me. I got false triggers all day every day and couldn't stop it. I finally made a trip to the lease and put a Spartan out there and my problems went away. Maybe 1 false trigger a day in 105 degrees vs 1 every minute all day with the covert. I brought the covert home and put it deep in the woods after it cooled off some and it works fine now but the app doesn't. It's been running since September on just 12 AA batteries but after using these Spartans I do get frustrated with the picture quality.
      I really like the picture quality of what I have seen posted with the Spartans as well. I wish the Coverts better on the pic quality but mine work fine for me.

Comment

Anybody having issues with their Covert today? I haven't received a pic on 2 different cameras since before midnight last night. Usually 10-20 a piece every morning?

Comment

I guess I'll bump this back to the top as I've recently started using the start/stop feature on my three COVERT's.

The only thing I have to say about that feature is that I wish I had been using it all along....no bs pics of birds, squirrels, wind, nothing, all day using up my batteries.

I have mine set for start at 16:30 and stop at 8:30.

Great feature, but you must have camera in hand to set it up.

Last edited by Skinny; 01-22-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I was wrong. You can access this feature from the app. Oops.

Comment

Yes it is awesome! I used it during deer season but have not had it on in the last 2-3 months. No BS pics during the day of non target animals or heat sensitivity. Heat was my main culprit so that's why I have it off now

My 3 coverts are running awesome on my homemade battery packs and stay at 9

My app works great and no issues. 20 sec delay

Comment

Finally broke down and ordered some eneloop pros. I sure hope these last longer than the eneregizers.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                  Finally broke down and ordered some eneloop pros. I sure hope these last longer than the eneregizers.

Do you have the Covert solar panel?

Comment

I have mine on real time now and the # of pics and transmission speed is noticeably quicker

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Do you have the Covert solar panel?
                      yes I do. the energizers suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                        yes I do. the energizers suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Good I was just making sure. My Eneloops are impressive so far.

Comment

Apparently Covert is bringing back the text option. It'll be a setting in their app and will cost you .03/text, but it'll be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            Apparently Covert is bringing back the text option. It'll be a setting in their app and will cost you .03/text, but it'll be an option.

Yes they are! I started a new thread with the changes.

The new app is pretty BA....the guest privilege is cool

Comment

Is the .03/text in addition to the normal monthly fee or is that a standalone "plan" in place of the monthly fee?

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                                Is the .03/text in addition to the normal monthly fee or is that a standalone "plan" in place of the monthly fee?

After talking to them today I believe it is in addition. Seems like they want you to use their app for some reason

Comment

Working...
                                X