Covert camera wireless App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    Only thing I would try is format the card in the camera and then do a couple of walk test pics, wait for them to hit your phone and recheck the card to see if they are saving. Have a 2nd card with you if the first one doesn't work doing that. Go through same procedure with second card if needed. It's either card problem or camera problem. Chances of two bad cards would be really remote.

I would assume you can also send a picture manually. With switch in setup, push ok, it should take a picture and ask you if you want to send it, hit ok again to send. Any manual pics should be on card as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok I will do this tomorrow thanks so much roscoe

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      If they/you look on web portal, do the file names look normal and sequential like these?

Yes they do.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        Yes they do.

As long as the card had not already been formatted, I don't know what would cause it outside of sd card or camera problem. I wonder if you check the sd card if anything would be on it? It's always been my understanding that the picture was saved to card before it was transmitted. Need to figure out if camera is having an issue saving to card or not. Probably same formatting and test procedure from prior post followed by HD request to see what's happening.

Comment

Any chance the memory card is full and the overwrite option is not checked off in camera settings?

Comment

[QUOTE=DEADEYE1;11643397]anyone know if the spartan has the same plug on the bottom as the covert? Reason I am asking is I have some solar panels for coverts and wanted to know if they would work for the spartans?

Anybody know what size plug that is? I thought I saw something earlier in this thread but this thing is too big to weed thru now! I have the Covert and trying to build some solar set-ups

Comment

Covert camera wireless App?

I don't know what size plug it is but Covert and Spartan take the same plug. I have a Spartan running on a 12v battery using the Covert 12v to 6v cable.

Comment

I think it's a 4.0 * 1.7

Comment

Originally posted by johnnydh View Post
                  Any chance the memory card is full and the overwrite option is not checked off in camera settings?
                  It was a 8gb card with no more than 1500 that should be well below holding capacity

Comment

Yes, there should have been plenty of space left.

Comment

I formatted card this morning will test it today and pull other card and pray it was just a simple format issue

Comment

Ok, did a test run comparing a 2016 Covert with a new Verizon Spartan. I set them out yesterday facing a feeder, both cameras on the same T-post. Both cameras were set on "normal" sensitivity. As expected, the Covert had quite a few false pics yesterday afternoon, 11 false pics between noon and dark to be exact.

BUT, as I was going through the pics this morning, I noticed 2 pics of a nice buck on the Covert around 3:30am and I did not get a picture of him on the Spartan. Upon going back and counting the pics received by each camera, the Covert sent 23 pics of animals between 10pm and 7am and the Spartan only sent 16. The Covert had no false pics during that time frame.

So, based on this short trial run, I'm going to say that the Spartan is not as sensitive and could be missing some pics. I've now changed the sensitivity level on the Spartan so that its on the most sensitive setting so we'll see how the compare. I'd be curious for others to run a similar test, even if its against a non-texting camera.

Comment

Here are pics from each camera for an idea of the camera position
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is the buck that the Spartan camera missed
                            Attached Files

Comment

But it picked him up a few minutes later just as far away and not center camera, not sure why it missed him just a few minutes before...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
                                Ok, did a test run comparing a 2016 Covert with a new Verizon Spartan. I set them out yesterday facing a feeder, both cameras on the same T-post. Both cameras were set on "normal" sensitivity. As expected, the Covert had quite a few false pics yesterday afternoon, 11 false pics between noon and dark to be exact.

BUT, as I was going through the pics this morning, I noticed 2 pics of a nice buck on the Covert around 3:30am and I did not get a picture of him on the Spartan. Upon going back and counting the pics received by each camera, the Covert sent 23 pics of animals between 10pm and 7am and the Spartan only sent 16. The Covert had no false pics during that time frame.

So, based on this short trial run, I'm going to say that the Spartan is not as sensitive and could be missing some pics. I've now changed the sensitivity level on the Spartan so that its on the most sensitive setting so we'll see how the compare. I'd be curious for others to run a similar test, even if its against a non-texting camera.
                                The HCO is not nearly as sensitive as the covert. I run my HCO on high so I don't miss anything. I use to have a covert and on high I would get false triggers all day long of small birds and such. HCO I ran on high also and would get maybe 20 false triggers a day compared to 50 with the covert. I run my HCO on high still but I have it turned off between 10:00 am and 6:00pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X