No announcement yet.

Covert camera wireless App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when do the new coverts come out? Looking for last years models on clearance and can hardly find any online at all

Comment

The 2016 Code Blacks are out now and they come with wireless app firmware on them and are functional. I know of a couple of people who received them late last week. The firmware upgrade to allow the 2015 Code Blacks has not been released yet, but it's supposed to be any day now on it.

Comment

I have a question. We have 2015 covert and I bought the special cable to hook the camera up to a external battery and solar panel.

You can't plug in the external cable and open the camera. There is a label inside that says do not operate a solar panel with regular alkaline batteries. So we had to make a special trip to Walmart and buy 24 rechargeable batteries so that we could power up the camera before plugging in the external cable.

My question is...... For the camera to operate do you have to go into test mode first so that it picks up the network or can you put the camera in the On position close the door and plug in the external cable?

Comment

Originally posted by markm View Post
          I have a question. We have 2015 covert and I bought the special cable to hook the camera up to a external battery and solar panel.

You can't plug in the external cable and open the camera. There is a label inside that says do not operate a solar panel with regular alkaline batteries. So we had to make a special trip to Walmart and buy 24 rechargeable batteries so that we could power up the camera before plugging in the external cable.

My question is...... For the camera to operate do you have to go into test mode first so that it picks up the network or can you put the camera in the On position close the door and plug in the external cable?
          I never turn mine on without letting it obtain signal first, seems like everything I do something weird happens and I don't get pics for 24 hours. I used the external battery and solar panel but it went dead after about 4-5 days but I was getting 30-40 pics a day set at 1 minute increments so take this into consideration when setting it up.

Comment

I am sorry, I didn't read whole thread, but isn't there a instructional booklet of some sort?? If I missed something bc I didn't read whole thread, just tell me to shoosh.

Comment

Yeah that's definitely something I wish they would change on the solar panel connection. If your internal batteries are dead you will lose signal and have to reset.
              As to the alkaline batteries you should never use alkaline batteries or lithium for that matter with a charging source. The alkaline a will expand and leak acid all inside your camera and the lithium can overheat and explode. I use Eneloop pro rechargeables in mine. Going on 16 months of use and have only had to recharge them twice and one of those times the solar panel came unplugged.

I always go to test mode first to make sure it gets signal before switching to on mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                The 2016 Code Blacks are out now and they come with wireless app firmware on them and are functional. I know of a couple of people who received them late last week. The firmware upgrade to allow the 2015 Code Blacks has not been released yet, but it's supposed to be any day now on it.
                Thank you sir!

Comment

Why did you need 24 batteries?

You don't have to go into test mode first, but I usually just to make sure everything comes up right.
                  With my old camera, I used to force it to take/send a pic using the SMS command.
                  With the new camera, I simply walk in front of it and wait for it to text me the picture.
                  The areas I use it have good cell coverage, so I rarely have problems.
                  On a previous lease, 1 location had poor cell coverage.
                  If I went directly to "on" and closed the lid, sometimes it would take several hours to start sending me pics, similar to what BloodSpiller stated.

Comment

2 cameras...... 12 each

Comment

Just FYI, it only takes 4 batteries in the camera to turn it on, 2 up top and 2 on the bottom. I usually put them on the far left. It's 3 series of 4 batteries. So if you are using an external battery with a solar panel, you really only need 4 batteries in too start camera and verify signal.

Comment

Just FYI, it only takes 4 batteries in the camera to turn it on, 2 up top and 2 on the bottom. I usually put them on the far left. It's 3 series of 4 batteries. So if you are using an external battery with a solar panel, you really only need 4 batteries in too start camera and verify signal.

Yep, that's why I asked why 24 batteries.

Comment

Well crapola didn't know that.

Comment

Do they still offer a trade in?

Comment

Man. I bought one of these and haven't taken it out of the package.
                              They sound difficult?
                              To start off with I guess I need to take it to Verizon?

Comment

Here's a "review" video from a guy who has one:

My review of the Covert Wireless App for iOS. Used in conjunction with the new Covert Code Black 12.0 wireless trail cam.UPDATE** The latest version of the...

Comment

Working...
                                X