• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rustyford View Post
    Genesis 27:3
    X2

Acts 10-13 as well

Comment

Genesis 27:3
      Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Comment

Matthew 6: 25-31

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? 28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’

Comment

Psalm 37:23
          The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.

Joshua 1:9
          Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
            Proverbs 16:3

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
            For sure!

Comment

Revelations 2:10
              Be though faithful until death and I will give thee a crown of life

Comment

I have many favorites. It's hard to pick just one. It kinda depends on what's going on at the time, as different passages of scripture really hit home at different times in different situations.

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                Matthew 6: 25-31

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? 28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’
                ^This is one of my favorites for sure though. There was a day that this scripture hit me right between the eyes. It was about 14 years ago. I had just started by career as a financial advisor - from scratch, trying to build up a business from ground zero. We had two young kids, a mortgage, car payments, and all of that. And I was making less money than I'd been making at my previous job. I also had a lot more business expenses than I had in my old job (had zero out of pocket expenses previously). Money was TIGHT.

One day, my daughter and I were driving down the highway on our way to my parents' house. It was a Friday afternoon, and she was working on her Bible homework. She was in 2nd grade at Abilene Christian Schools (only through the help of financial aid from the school at the time). I was driving along and just thinking and worrying about all the bills I needed to pay with all the money I didn't have. Business had been really slow that month, and I was STRESSED.

Out of the blue, Morgan got very excited and said, "Dad! Listen to this!!" And then she read this passage from Matthew 6 to me. When she finished reading it, she said, "That is really cool! This means that we NEVER have to worry about ANYTHING, because God will always take care of us! Isn't that awesome?!"

I just about lost it right there. I thanked her for reading that to me, and I agreed that it IS an awesome thing that God will always love us and take care of us. Morgan had no idea what I'd been sitting there thinking about. But God did. He used my little girl to give me the message that I needed to hear right there at that moment. And He has been true to His word. He got us through those tough times, and He has blessed us and taken care of our family in amazing ways. Praise Him!

Comment

Micah 6:8

He has shown you, O man, what is good;
                  And what does the Lord require of you
                  But to do justly,
                  To love mercy,
                  And to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Psalms 51: Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.

19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Comment

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.

Comment

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Comment

Colossians 3:23;
                          Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters

Comment

My favorite scripture, just about every day.....

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Comment

So many to choose from.
                              Romans 6:23 " for the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus."

2 Timothy 2:3-4 Take your fair share of hardships and sufferings as a good soldier of Christ. No soldier entangled himself with the civilian life but aims to please the one who enlisted him.

Revelation 12:11 And they over came by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

Comment

1 Corinthians 6:11

Comment

Working...
                                X