• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duke-86 View Post
    In

Oh dang
    Red Beard is in

Comment

Comment

Blackfins can and will jump. Not all the time but.....when they do, it's a sight to see!

If we can get a big one inside the 2nd gut, and he chooses, as they always do, to haul butt outside over the 3rd sandbar....keep the camera ready!

I'm sure many of us will have GoPro's......bring them! I have a 12 volt to 120 volt inverter as well as a 12 volt air pump. We should be able to capture some quality video?

If the water is super clear, we can get some underwater shots as well. Anyone with a telescopic GoPro pole, bring it!

Excellent Red Beard!

Comment

I'm going to need a new hat

Comment

For those who like to cast big lures, here's what I would recommend.

Silver and or white body and blue back is a choice color. Adding a yellow, white, chartreuse and silver streamer to the trailing hook - scores big time! Sharks, Kings, Reds & Jackfish will smash these baits.

I buy these guys in the 3 - 5 ounce size. You can cast these dudes a mile with a long rod, and they are excellent baits to work near shark rods. It gets attention in close, and the more action we can present, the more we bring the odds in our favor. Between soaked baits leaving a scent trail in the water current, and spoons and big bottle poppers on top, lets just say we can heighten our area with activity, predators can't refuse.

And spoons, silver and or gold, with streamers, are excellent day time baits for casting. You can find them in 1 ounce up to 4 ounces if you shop around. A small section of steel leader with a barrel swivel to the main line, is good medicine just in case it gets picked up by any Mackerel and or sharks.

I've hooked and lost a 5ft blacktip, casting a silver with white streamer spoon...working trout and redfish in the 2nd gut. Shark came up to about a foot from the surface and nailed it.....I held on till it stripped every darn bit of line off my trout reel LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
              Blackfins can and will jump. Not all the time but.....when they do, it's a sight to see!

If we can get a big one inside the 2nd gut, and he chooses, as they always do, to haul butt outside over the 3rd sandbar....keep the camera ready!

I'm sure many of us will have GoPro's......bring them! I have a 12 volt to 120 volt inverter as well as a 12 volt air pump. We should be able to capture some quality video?

If the water is super clear, we can get some underwater shots as well. Anyone with a telescopic GoPro pole, bring it!

Excellent Red Beard!
              Whats the air pump for?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
                Whats the air pump for?
                Well, even with as much hot air as Rob is full of, he won't be able to air up all the air mattresses and truck tires it sounds like we'll have down there.

Seriously, I am bringing mine to air the tires back up on my 1 ton in case I need to reduce tire pressure to get traction.

Comment

For those who want to wade for specks.....Highly recommend the Zara\Heddon Super Spook Jr, bone colored and add a streamer.

Bottom bait

Another excellent color is Chrome body, blue back.

At night, trout and redfish will swim literally right next to the sand, hunting just inside the 1st wade gut. Many times they are in water knee deep. This is the time a few of us need to tie up some of these black, bb rattling lures, and start walking the sand, casting long and working back up to the beach. Toss a back pack on your back, with a couple of boxes of black and glow dark lures.....with a few beers and a stringer for your fish, and we can and will score specks and reds. If we can time a high tide at night, all the way up to around 9 am in the morning = PRIME TIME ACTION!

Black Mirolures....MR52 specifically. The M52R sinks a foot a second and the R designates rattles. In BLACK!

Also, wear a headlamp and make sure the lamp, supports a red light. The reason why we opt to use red versus white, you don't want to spook fish with the white light. Red doesn't spook them as readily and the red light is good enough to tie knots.

We want to keep white lights from bathing the inside sections we are fishing. I typically go all dark only turning on my lamp with my back to the water. Only to tie and adjust things if I really need the extra light...and I go with red light only. These little things help give you an edge fishing skinny in the surf.

Here's a PINS snook that couldn't resist hitting a solid black Mirolure 52MR bait....from the surf.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                    Well, even with as much hot air as Rob is full of, he won't be able to air up all the air mattresses and truck tires it sounds like we'll have down there.

Seriously, I am bringing mine to air the tires back up on my 1 ton in case I need to reduce tire pressure to get traction.
                    ooo well it was in the same line as all the gopro talk. I didn't know if he had some cool trick up his sleeve that he uses an air pump to get cool shots or something lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post

LOL! Yup, tire pressure pump. And a can of fix a flat is good insurance too!

A small compact spade type shovel and a nylon strap is also good, just in case someone gets stuck. We can dig the ride out easily, as long as you don't set the axles down onto the sand.

A 1x4 or 2x4 piece of wood, about 2ft long, is great to stand a car jack on...just in case. We typically have a bunch of wood down there but when you need a flat piece of wood, you can spend some time finding it.

Those of us who want to run and gun the sand, we will gather wood for the nightly campfire. It helps clean the beach and there is a ton of good campfire wood available (floatsam) everywhere!

A couple of cans of lighter fluid, and we are set!

Comment

How far down y'all plan on going? If we get super lucky with the weather as far as wind, I've always wanted to paddle out to the rig that looks about 2+ miles out at the 10mile marker I believe. I will jump in and spear some. The last time I was there it was glassball the way out. As long as the wind blows slight to shore, I will charge. What wind direction would that be to keep an eye on?

Comment

A coyote call will bring some varmints in We can't shoot them but, they are down there in spades!

Comment

Official 2016 surf fishing thread...

Heres what my daily driver looks like transformed. I do plan on doing some mods to my shark rack.

I have a great surf yak. Its a orange malibu two and does well with my big arse on it. I had a yellow Frenzy but sold it. It was to small for me. I will say this just to make it clear right now....

I DO NOT RUN BAITS WHEN ITS ROUGH.

I'll cast out big baits in the 2nd gut all day but i'll stay off the yak with condition are not good for me.

Ray

Comment

Snag some Rat-L traps in 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ounce in size. Chrome and black (this is killer) as well as chrome and blue and black\purple = excellent night and or day casting baits! Gold is an excellent redfish finder!

You can wade out to the 3rd sandbar and cast these things right on the sand. Rip them through the guts to the outside.....reds and specks. I mention going out and casting shallow, works like crazy right around the last 2 hours of sunlight!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                                Oh dang
                                Red Beard is in
                                Yes he is!! The 29th is my b day so I will expect pressents, cake, and ice cream!! This should be a great weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X