Official 2016 surf fishing thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    How will anybody else get any sleep with a diesel idling?
    Quality sleeping fluids Burnie!

The beach is huge, it's easy enough to setup anywhere you want! But once that reel starts screaming, I bet you watch the sun rise with the rest of us!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      How will anybody else get any sleep with a diesel idling?
      Burnadell, for you, just pop open the battery from your hearing aids

Seriously though, I have had it on numerous group beach excursions and it's pretty unnoticeable from a distance. I definitely wouldn't park anywhere near others. If my wife and daughter weren't there, then it's moot cause I'll be in the tent-cot....or the zero-gravity chair parked next the rods, waiting for the clickers to chatter. I definitely don't want to effect anyone's sleep, so I'll adjust to what's best for the group.

It'd be nice to be between 20-30 and able to run through Yarborough to the bay. We could definitely cast net some bait back in the bay for use in the surf.

Comment

if am off am in i havent fished for sharks in over 10 yrs .....lucky i still have my shark tackle!

Comment

So flipping through the pages this is the group I believe is going and potentially going.

Going
          Poco
          AtTheWall
          Reaper33
          Canoe 1
          Sparkles
          Sackett
          Maui-diver
          Burnadell
          Leonhogboy
          Duke-86
          Fargus
          Crazy Horse
          R Dubya + 1
          Brushtrooper
          Helim83
          Gatorgar
          Doug
          James
          Ace340cs
          Tommyh

Potential
          SmTx
          RockTippedStick
          Blackfinturkey
          Ultralite09
          Dale Moser
          Miket
          Hellrazor

Comment

Reaper33, add UncleSaggy & HellRazor into this list.

We may have Septic Mike & Rack down with us as well.

My old fishing buddy Gene stated he would roll down for a day with us.

My son Austin will be rolling his 4x4 with me, hauling the rest of our gear. We will be hauling 1 kayak, 2 longboard surfboards, ice chests, tent and tackle. sand spikes, Coleman D Battery lantern, a couple of headlamps and a BBQ grill (small pit). Several cameras and a GoPro.

Comment

We can add mine and Canoe1's fishing buddy to the list. Jeff. Not a TBHer, but a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
                So flipping through the pages this is the group I believe is going and potentially going.

Going
                Poco
                AtTheWall + 2
                Reaper33
                Canoe 1
                Sparkles
                Sackett
                Maui-diver
                Burnadell
                Leonhogboy
                Duke-86
                Fargus
                Crazy Horse
                R Dubya + 1
                Brushtrooper
                Helim83
                Gatorgar
                Doug
                James
                Ace340cs
                Tommyh
                Hellrazor
                UncleSaggy
                Jeff

Potential
                SmTx
                RockTippedStick
                Blackfinturkey
                Ultralite09
                Dale Moser
                Miket
                Septic Mike
                Rack

Edit: Updated per Rob(AtTheWall) and Brushtrooper. Looks like we already have a great group in the making. Lots of fish to be caught and beer to be drank that's a guarantee!!!

Comment

I have no problem with any kids or females coming along as long as we can still have fun out there. If your not ok with a bad word or two slipping out, some cutting up and men having drinks all weekend then its probably not a good idea. Just my opinion though.

My wife/kids are use to hanging around with men on fishing and hunting trips so there ok with it. Not sure if they'll make this trip though.

As for the diesel truck turned on for sleeping, its all good as long as Im not breathing exhaust fumes.[emoji13] A friend of my nephew decided he was going to turn his truck on half way through the night with my tent down wind from his tail pipe. That headache woke me up and I was not a happy camper. I ended that pretty quick. He moved his truck away and all was good.

Is it May yet. [emoji1]

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
                    I have no problem with any kids or females coming along as long as we can still have fun out there. If your not ok with a bad word or two slipping out, some cutting up and men having drinks all weekend then its probably not a good idea. Just my opinion though.

My wife/kids are use to hanging around with men on fishing and hunting trips so there ok with it. Not sure if they'll make this trip though.

As for the diesel truck turned on for sleeping, its all good as long as Im not breathing exhaust fumes.[emoji13] A friend of my nephew decided he was going to turn his truck on half way through the night with my tent down wind from his tail pipe. That headache woke me up and I was not a happy camper. I ended that pretty quick. He moved his truck away and all was good.

Is it May yet. [emoji1]

Ray
                    No joke im ready for this trip already. Just looking over the group up top its going to be one good time that's for dang sure!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                      Burnadell, for you, just pop open the battery from your hearing aids

Seriously though, I have had it on numerous group beach excursions and it's pretty unnoticeable from a distance. I definitely wouldn't park anywhere near others. If my wife and daughter weren't there, then it's moot cause I'll be in the tent-cot....or the zero-gravity chair parked next the rods, waiting for the clickers to chatter. I definitely don't want to effect anyone's sleep, so I'll adjust to what's best for the group.

It'd be nice to be between 20-30 and able to run through Yarborough to the bay. We could definitely cast net some bait back in the bay for use in the surf.

Comment

I will have at least my wife, my son and possibly my daughter if she doesn't have to work.

Comment

Bolt cutters - bring them!

Hand swag crimping tools - bring them!

With so many of us on the sand, we need several sets of hand tools to cover this TAIL ROPE RODEO!

Speaking of Tail Ropes, if you have an old rodeo lasso, BRING IT!

Sparkles is our official TAIL ROPE COWBOY - SON!
                          Last edited by AtTheWall; 03-04-2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Daddy....why is the truck suddenly white?

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                              Bolt cutters - bring them!

Hand swag crimping tools - bring them!

With so many of us on the sand, we need several sets of hand tools to cover this TAIL ROPE RODEO!

Speaking of Tail Ropes, if you have an old rodeo lasso, BRING IT!

Sparkles is our official TAIL ROPE COWBOY - SON!
                              Big channel locks as well.

Comment

My new toy came in, hopefully we can break it in right on this trip. Should have rigged up by the end of the weekend.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X