Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer sent.

Comment

I received an email that my t shirt from the fund raising web site shipped. God bless Ken's family in Texas. Please hold his hand and say the Lord's prayer with him- and remember all of us to Ken.

Comment

Update?

Comment

Update as soon as I get one. I saw him yesterday and he was still sedated from the 2 belly surgery's but he was stable which is great news.

Comment

4/5: Ken seems to be doing well this morning. He was strong enough to go back to traditional dialysis. They are just constantly playing a numbers game to regulate all his fluids and Meds. Yesterday afternoon we got him to stick out his tongue when asked, nod and make lots of faces. He was also breathing strongly on c- pap for several hours. He's sort of in and out of la la land. While he appears awake and is trying to talk this morning (heaven knows what he's trying to say. Maybe we don't want to know??!!) he is still in a foggy state. They had to up his pain Meds some while changing his stomach dressing. And the dialysis nurse told me that makes them groggy and disoriented, too. The nurse and I are going to do a mani pedi on him this afternoon and "wash" his hair (it's a big old white shower cap with stuff in it that cleans their hair. It's pretty hysterical!! Yes, David Moore and Steve Scott I plan to take pics!!) He would be so very thrilled!! .
            Jacob is much better today so we hope they get to go to rehab soon. Thank you for your prayers on his behalf!! Another patient whose wife I got to know moved to Baylor yesterday to get much needed heart treatments that this hospital detected. She went through a lot to get to this step for him. We pray he can get the help he needs there, possibly a transplant. Our other long term friends here are making good progress as well, Phyllis and Charles. He has been through a lot with blood clots and a perforated bowel. We share a surgeon. One thing we've all had in common is our faith in a healing God and it's been nice to share our ups and downs and to be able to support each other. In my lowest moments they have prayed for me as I for them. I know things don't always go the way we pray they will but we all keep trying to put it in His hands. I don't pretend to assume we will come out of this "smelling like roses" but I pray it's what we can tolerate.
            We are sort of back to praying for bowels again, that they remain strong, healthy, and start to work again within the next few days. Then we can get Ken some better nourishment. Love you all!! God Bless!!

Comment

Good update, may God continue to heal Ken and comfort his friends and family.

Comment

UPDATE
                4/6: Ken is getting dialysis right now which really wipes him out. I did get a little nod. His fever is up again also. But sometimes dialysis contributes to that. I hope it's just post surgery reaction. He squeezed my hand slightly this morning. They took the drain out of his abdomen late yesterday. I also saw all his grafts yesterday. They look pretty gnarly but the doc is pleased with their progress. Most of his graft host sites are healing nicely. As of right now still no bowel action but, until the sectioned intestine heals, this may be a good thing for a little bit longer. Still praying for everything to start working. He needs nourishment!!
                The nurse and I gave Ken his spa day yesterday. We turned on the I heart radio Journey station and while I did a little mani/ pedi action she washed his hair and did his wound care. We tried to sing him back to consciousness. It may have backfired!!
                As always, we give God the glory. We don't care how long it takes as long as we get him back. There is another long time family here I was privileged to visit with. His wife became very sick and, long story short, was eventually diagnosed with lymphoma, very aggressive. She is getting chemo, which of course makes her very sick, and has caused stomach and liver problems. It seems like so many things they have to do to save your life does this. They have two teenage sons. Please add them to your prayers. It is so emotionally draining for patient and family.
                Jacob is still here and getting lasix to get rid of fluid that they think is causing his breathing problems. He's back to his cheery, boisterous self! If you've met him you know what I mean!!! God Bless!!

Comment

Adding a morning prayer for Ken and family.

Comment

Prayer sent!

Comment

Just got this. Hopefully we're making a turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Adding the medical staff to my prayers. God bless.

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Just received my shirt today. And more prayers sent.

Comment

4/10: just a brief update for now. Ken went back (this makes #8) into surgery at 11:00pm last night. He was in surgery about 6 1/2 hrs. They repaired his stomach incision (covered his intestines with a mesh), drained some fluid, flushed him out, hopefully got rid of some infection, and checked out what they could. His incision was, again, left open for now. We have come home to sleep for a while and will go back to the hospital later this afternoon. Thank you for your support and prayers. More later!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X