Surveillance System help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surveillance System help

I figured I would go to the green screen and someone could help me. We have had some recent burglaries in our area. The problem is that we live in the country and do no have a wireless network. We have AT&T and use a hot spot. I am using it right now. I want to put cameras out around the barn and such so a wireless system would be best. I ordered a system by Amcrest and I could not get it to recognize my hot spot.

I am open to suggestions about what to do next. I appreciate your input. Thanks.

Following this closely due to the same situation at home!

Come on TBH, don't let us down!

Comment

Only thing I got is call their tech support.

Comment

Won't help with the system that you ordered, but check out Cell gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
          Following this closely due to the same situation at home!

Come on TBH, don't let us down!
          x2

Barn got hit last week for several thousands in tools, my Yamaha Rhino, a hole cut in the fence(livestock out on road)....I hate a thief!

Comment

Could be a distance issue. Do the cameras work inside your house?

Comment

Add access points (extenders) . If it's to far then point to points from home to barn.

Comment

Cant get them to recognize my hotspot. Called tech support, they said it wont work. Was hoping someone had similar circumstances and had a working system.

Comment

We are lucky enough to have a local provider. I added a repeater to my wireless router then 4 cameras. 2 for the driveway/shop entrance/house, 1 for the front door and 1 for the side (main entrance door). Motion activated and the cameras love the dogs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    I figured I would go to the green screen and someone could help me. We have had some recent burglaries in our area. The problem is that we live in the country and do no have a wireless network. We have AT&T and use a hot spot. I am using it right now. I want to put cameras out around the barn and such so a wireless system would be best. I ordered a system by Amcrest and I could not get it to recognize my hot spot.

I am open to suggestions about what to do next. I appreciate your input. Thanks.
                    Lance - Can you get them to connect when you are right next to the hotspot? Or not connecting at all?
                    If not at all, might be a frequency issue. Hotspot is on 1 frequency and the cameras are looking for another type. I assume there is some type of interface with the cameras to program them. Are you able to manually get into the interface and type in the SSID (Name of your hotspot) & Key?

Comment

Which model from Amcrest?

Comment

i just installed my amcrest this past weekend. I bought a wireless extender. The box must be plugged into a router.

Comment

I'm in same situation: I got a couple porch dogs. They let me know anytime anything is close

Comment

It should be able to connect to the hot spot but this set up isn't ideal at all. If you are doing the recording and storing by yourself you'll need it to be hooked up to some computer. But if its hosted else where you shouldn't have a problem other than lots of data being used. If you want a surveillance system in place it'll probably be easier to make it wired and store the data for 5 days and dispose of it. It won't cost too much but it'll be one heck of lot more efficient that this set up. I'm not sure how much you want to spend but if you want 5 cameras, plus computer/storage, it'll be around $1000+ set for equipment

Comment

Working...
                            X