Hunting Possum Kingdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Possum Kingdom

Has anyone ever hunted the private land around Possum Kingdom lake. I happened upon a 800 acre bow only lease that I am going to look at on Sunday>>>>>any opinions????

Good country around the Lake.Lots of does. Most people will tell you there isn't many bucks,But i have seen some good ones around that lake. Where is this land located? what side of the lake, what County.

If it's not to pricey and you need some one to get on with you . let me know. email me. or send me a pm...

Comment

Its located in Young county on the North end of Possom Kingdom...just looked at the land today and saw alot of opprotunity...

Comment

Are you going to lease it.

Comment

Any other openings available on it? I'd be interested if there were.

Comment

Is the lease full?

Interested

Comment

I am interested as well. I have seen some good deer come out of that country.

Comment

I visited the 800 acre lease yesterday and spoke with the land owners concerning the past history and what they are wanting to accomplish. They said the property has been overhunted by gun hunters (which have been kicked off) and they are focusing on a family oriented management-minded hunters . There are hogs, turkey and some deer. I found multiple sets of deer tracks appearing to be small 1-1/2 year old and fawns. They admitted that there is a coyote problem. They were very up-front and honest about the situation on the lease and the work it would take to get it back to where it should be. If you don't mind doing some work to make a lease better this is the place. There is a camping area with electricity for travel trailers. The location is on the Long Bend of Possum Kingdom lake. E-mail me if you have any questions khays@ur.com

Comment

How many hunters are on this place and how much is it?

e-mail sent
                  Last edited by aggie2000tx; 10-23-2006, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I hunted out there when I was quite a bit younger and the was literally no bucks. There was a ton of does but I think we only saw 2 bucks the entire season between 5 hunters.

Comment

Working...
                    X