No announcement yet.

Ramcats or QAD exodus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is an older thread but I killed a bunch of PA whitetails withe QAD Exodus heads. I shot the standard in 100 grn. They always flew great (tuned bow of course), great blood trails, very sharp, and very tough. I am now shooting Solid Legend but because I dropped down to 50lbs last year after bicep surgery and wanted a COC head.

Comment

Originally posted by dadams View Post
      Ramcats are more forgiving than the Exodus will fly better at distance. They cut a bigger diameter hole. The Exodus are a more durable design, fly very well for any reasonable hunting distance. I use both. I prefer the 125 Ramcat for deer and like the Exodus for hogs, but either will work better than many other choices. No need for a mechanical when you can get 1-1/2" cut from a Ramcat that is so easy to tune.
      Good to know. I've shot Ramcats before and love how easy they tune but hated the blades also. Was thinking Exodus but honestly since I shoot more traditional now I'm going with a 2 blade Magnus.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Old thread but same answer. For whitetail, either head will perform. for larger game (like elk), I'd strongly recommend the War's. last 2 elk I shot were with the Exodus a d this past year they blew through ribs and shoulder and stuck in the mud. Elk ran 20 yards, stopped and fell over drt.

Comment

The QAD is a great head. Fly great and tough

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Comment

Ram

Comment

Will be shooting the 125gr QAD Exodus full blades this year. My daughter just punched through a shoulder of a ram and it only ran about 30 yds. She is pulling back 35#s and has a 22" Draw Length, if it will penetrate like that for her set up I am sold.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bkvill View Post

That's too much money for a hog.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    That's too much money for a hog.

Agreed. That's why I cleaned it up and gonna reuse it Thursday[emoji23]

Comment

Almost every animal I shot with ram cats died within sight! However the blades broke 70 percent of the time. I'm sticking with viper tricks that never disappoint.

Comment

Ramcats or QAD exodus

I'm shooting the RamCat Diamondbacks and the fly just like my field points. Same POI and the single bevel cut does a number on them. Great penetration too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Comment

Here goes a wide selection at BAM Outdoors
                          http://bit.ly/2y4Tddp.

Comment

Just posting to get post up

Comment

Working...
                            X