Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have had a hell of a time with this.

Comment

There looks to be little form issues, you should lean into the downhill shot.

Go get a lesson if need be

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
        Alright. Made a slight adjustment to the rest and took out the 20 gr weights to replace them with 50 gr weights. This is where I'm at right now. The arrow to the right is a slick trick mag and the 2 in the bullseye are field points. Only off about 3 inches.

Try twisting you nocks to change cock vane on Arrows w/broadheads

Comment

No way your under spined at 62#

Comment

Ev

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Check for a weak spine and walk back tune.

Comment

Walk back tuning did wonders for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FirstCast View Post
                  Walk back tuning did wonders for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  I was having problems with broadhead flight earlier this year. I took my bow to Bryan at On Target and he bare shaft tuned it. Now broadheads fly like darts...the difference was unbelievable.

Comment

So many factors go into good broad head flight.....but when everything is correct....arrow spine, rest is properly aligned/level and simple rest movement in or out does not fix the problem......then the problem is cam lean. When people are beating their head against the wall and have tried "everything" they usually have not addressed cam lean. Most people do not know what cam lean is and you have to have a bow press to make the adjustments.

When Sika mentioned above that Bryan "bare shaft tuned" her bow he most likely actually "yoke tuned" her bow to get a bare shaft shooting a bullet hole thru paper. I assume you are shooting a Hoyt with a split yoke buss cable or some other hybrid system with a split buss. It even gets more complicated with a binary system like an Elite or other binary system bows. On a binary system bow you have to add or remove shims to the top cam to get proper cam lean.

For example if a persons broad heads are hitting 3" right of your field points at 20 yards and your moved your rest a 1/16th of an inch to the left and it moved your group to the left but your broad head is still 3" right of your field point.....then most likely the problem is cam lean. What needs to happen is the left yoke needs to be shortened and the right yoke needs to be lengthened. This process must be done in micro adjustments (1/2 twist at a time). A good bow tech like Bryan or anyone that knows the technique can move a bare shaft all over the target by adjusting the yokes.

A bare shaft is an unguided missile that must be launched perfectly off the rest. If you have cam lean at launch (not at brace or rest) this cam lean is causing horizontal nock travel that is causing your arrow to launch off line. The fletching on a field point tipped arrow will correct this off line flight. An arrow with a fixed blade broad head or even worse an unguided bare shaft with not recover and hit off line. I have seen a fletched field point tipped arrow hit the bulls eye at 20 yards and a bare shaft off the same bow totally miss the target bag. The culprit is cam lean.

Once cam lean is corrected and you are getting a bullet hole with a bare shaft and if your bare shaft is hitting dead on (or even close) with your fletched field point at 20 yards.....then your broad head tipped arrow will hit dead on with your field point.

Every time I see people on here struggling with broad head flight and they have done "everything" it is usually cam lean issues. It is hard for the average guy with no bow press or the fact that they just don't know anything about cam lean to fix the problem.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions about the process to fix cam lean issues feel free to PM me.

Comment

Working...
                    X