No announcement yet.

Issues broadhead tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprisingly that does not look that bad for the problem you are having , for you to miss a target at 20 yards while bareshafting shows that the center shot is not your problem from the picture you posted.
    Can you have someone that can take a picture of you at full draw from the side ?
    Also take a picture of your bow grip at full draw.
    Last edited by SAVIOUR68; 02-06-2016, 06:13 PM.

Comment

While your trying to see what is going on let me post about old way of tuning. This works good for bows that cannot be yoked tune.

Your bow must be in spec center shot set. It needs to be square to riser. Cam sync whole 9 yards.

You also need a arrow saw or different tip weights.

If you have a saw you need a full lenth arrow. Stand 3 ft shot at a line adjust sight till hit string. Now with bare shaft back up 15 ft. Shoot at line. Now remove knoc and cut a little off. Shoot again. Arrow should be moving toward string. Cut until it is on line. Don't worry about lean on arrow. Now back up to 10 yards and repeat. When on string. Back up 15 yards repeat. Then at 20 yards. Now when shaft is hitting or very close like 1/2 to string. That is the lenth of arrow you need with that spine and your form. Now fletch and start tuning.

If when you start and the shaft moves away from string you need to drop spine or shot less tip weight.

The same process can be done with an arrow already cut to your length. But it requires tips from 75 to 300. Then do same process by changing tip weight.

With this method if you get to 20 yards and it's more tip weight you want then you need to drop spine.

What this is doing is tuning the arrow to the bow. Rough tune. Then micro tune with bow.

Hope all that makes since.

Comment

This method will get you tuned to you and flaws but you have to be consistent. If your not a consistent shot this will not work.

Comment

Originally posted by SAVIOUR68 View Post
          Surprisingly that does not look that bad for the problem you are having , for you to miss a target at 20 yards while bareshafting shows that the center shot is not your problem from the picture you posted.
          Can you have someone that can take a picture of you at full draw from the side ?
          Also take a picture of your bow grip at full draw.

I will have my wife do this for me tomorrow and put up the pics.

Comment

Enewman, the good news is I can do that either way. I have an arrow saw or I have plenty of weights to add to the tip of the arrows. Which do you think would be more effective?

Comment

Sounds good Jake, if we can't get you fixed up over the internet you can come to my house in NW San Antonino and when you leave it will be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
                Ya. I'm gonna start from scratch tomorrow or Sunday before the game. I don't think I'm torquing the bow. I have a loose relaxed hand on the bow, but who knows.
                Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
                This was the best I could get of that. Don't have a very long stabilizer, but it definitely looks off to the left now. I moved it a little bit yesterday in that direction though so I expected that.

Use an Allen wrench for a guage at front of riser, and back of riser to your shaft, keeping the distance equal.
                I've seen that some bows give a false reading when CS is too far inside as yours appears to be.
                Your arrows,(spine) are fine.
                Regardless of how relaxed your hand is, you may be pulling the string out of a straight line.
                Not that uncommon.
                You can have a relaxed hand, and a poor hand position, causing torque.
                Most Elites have cams that lean at full draw, and still tune well as long as you pull the string straight with the bow, not the cams.
                A lot like '05-06 Bowtech Allegiance.

Comment

I appreciate all the help guys. Will get some pics and/or video put up tomorrow to show form and things to try to figure it out. I'm all for constructive criticism.

Comment

I'd drive over to saviour68 and do a little one on one

Comment

Join GRIV as he demonstrates the importance of grip placement, and grip pressure, in your shot execution.

Jake if you have time watch this video on proper hand / grip placement, instead of me trying to type and explain it properly.
                      This my help IF we are dealing with a grip issue.

Comment

Good video.

Look at this also

It was put together by Alan. Or nuts&bolts. It's not his he just put this book together. But some good info
                        Last edited by enewman; 02-07-2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I will check both videos out. Wife is trying to get the baby to take a nap right now. Still gonna have her take some pics also

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sent you a PM Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X