Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCU_JJ View Post
    What's the story behind the WSJ?
    They called me up and wanted to do a story about alligator gar fishing. They snt reporter Tom Benning down from NewYork and he covered a trip with one of my clients. Was the same day they charged Bernie Madoff. We split the front page with him. Toms first front page story. It was also the WSJs most shared story of the month an ran in several languages.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      And thought it would be getting at least one person riled up on every football thread that has ever been started.
      Hey now....I never throw the first punch.......I got a good memory too!

Comment

I have several things I'm proud of. I guess I can't really point to any one thing.
        - Served in the Marine Corps w/ 1 tour in Iraq.
        - LEO for 10 years now. Member and then team leader on a tac team.

I've got a couple others, but they're family related.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
          I have several things I'm proud of. I guess I can't really point to any one thing.
          - Served in the Marine Corps w/ 1 tour in Iraq.
          - LEO for 10 years now. Member and then team leader on a tac team.

I've got a couple others, but they're family related.
          Thank you!

Comment

I'll tell ya folks, after reading through this thread, we have some pretty special folks hanging around The Green Screen.

Gar Guy, it was and is my honor and privilege, Sir. Sounds like you've got quite a story to tell. Maybe you should write your memoirs.

Comment

Saving a few lives

Comment

My greatest accomplishment outside of my kids would have to be my job/career. I'm making more money that I ever thought I would and only work about 5 months of the year.

But, then there is the whole "not going to jail for killing my ex and her boyfriend" thing. Anyone that knows me, knows that was a major accomplishment for me not doing that during that 2 years of my life while going through a divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  That was cold. Funny as hell but cold. Where I come from we didn't have no sissy boy drum majors.

I honestly can't point to ONE single accomplishment I am proud of. I have been blessed in so many ways and have achieved a number of accomplishments that I am proud of. It's been a good life, and if I die tomorrow, I will die happy!
                  Last edited by Burnadell; 01-18-2016, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasFlyer03 View Post
                    Flying God's gift to aviation by myself for the first time...
                    My name is on that jet somewhere. I'm proud to have been a part of building it for you.
                    Thank you very much for what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      Staying married for 21 years,...... to the same woman.
                      Bless her heart.....

Comment

Outside of God and Family, my personal best is working up the courage to start a company at age 32. All three years it was eligible it was ranked in the Houston 100 fastest growing companies, #5 one year, and the only year it was eligible it ranked 52nd in the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies. I sold it that same year and retired at age 38. The best part of that was being able to stay at home while my boys grew up into men and spending a lot of time with my wife. I take the words of "to whom much is given....much is required" to heart. I try to help as many as a possibly can.

To all those that have served our Country, my hat is off to yall.
                        Last edited by rtp; 01-18-2016, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TCU_JJ View Post
                          I discount the family, not because they aren't worth mentioning, but I figured our accomplishments at home would undoubtedly be our greatest accomplishments. Was just in search of some variety, that's all.
                          Ok , gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                            Besides raising three sons who as adults love the Lord, and having a wife whose put up with me for over 39 years, I'd say teaching hundreds and hundreds of kids over the past 40 years and hopefully making a difference in many of their lives.
                            awesome life right there!

Comment

nothing...everything i have and ever experience/ed is due to the grace of God...aint no such thing as a self made man or woman.

all the Glory goes to the good Lord

Comment

Originally posted by ZaneZ10 View Post
                                Being baptized into Christ. Nothing here on earth can top that...

For the win!

Comment

Working...
                                X