No announcement yet.

Anyone else seeing hummingbirds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spotted one at my empty feeder Saturday, so filled it up. They show in South Texas first or second week of March. Barn swallows arrived last Friday - have a pair that arrive each year. They both arrive at similar time frame here in Boerne.

Comment

Spotted that lone Hummingbird at the fresh feeder. The males typically wing a week or two before the females. And consistent feeders, they remember and return from years before. Spring is here.

Comment

First I've seen this year was yesterday. From the camera LCD

Click image for larger version

Name:	hummingbird.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	24709438

Comment

I've been seeing one for the last two weeks. I should start seeing a lot more pretty soon. We usually have 5-10 that hit all the feeders.

Comment

Saw one in CP two weekends ago.

Comment

None here yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                My old neighbor in Brazos Co. is reporting 75-80 in her yard. I sold my place down the road and have a few where we are in Colorado Co but they really haven't found us yet. Planted some hummingbird attracting plants this week.

Good to see and great pics! We’re getting some plants out tomorrow and all of the feeders are in good shape! We’re close so maybe between the 2 of us we’ll get them in here.

Comment

Originally posted by txlawdog View Post
                  It is, I planted several and they go to them daily along with my feeder. My brother in law has 4 feeders on his porch at his place north of Junction. Has to refill them just about daily. 20-30 at a time there, just crazy.
                  My salvias are over ten years old, on both sides of house. Thought the ice storm last winter had killed them. They finally came back, and the hummers feed on them until they migrate south. Never used bird feeders, but I use worm castings to fertilize the salvia.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Saw the first one of the year for me in Dimmit County last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                      Saw the first one of the year for me in Dimmit County last week.

Same here. Saw the first one yesterday which is the earliest we've had them out here. I went ahead and got 2 feeders out.

Comment

That's pretty cool. We have a couple of female black chinned hummers that will hover a foot in front of our faces and beg for fresh food in the feeders. Never had one land on us though.
                        I'm planting giant mongolian sunflowers this year to supplement their needs.
                        Had regular 10" sunflowers last year and the hummers worn those things out along with the honey bees. My neighbor has 4 O'clock flowers (Mirabilis jalapa) that is another of their favorites.

Comment

Now that is one of the coolest videos I've ever seen posted here!! That is totally awesome!!

Comment

Couple hummers
                            Attached Files

Comment

Taken this morning in Mountain home
                              Attached Files

Comment

I’ve had feeders out for over a month now, haven’t seen one yet. Been reading out the sugar water, keeping it fresh. Here’s to hoping one will show up soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X