Anyone else seeing hummingbirds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
    I have a friend at Rockport that told me he had over 100 hummingbirds at his feeder at one time fighting for position!
    Could you get him to share a picture you could post here? Would love to see that many.

Comment

Two feeders going here in Spring, the males are very pissy and territorial. The way they flare their tail and ruby red brightens right up. Pretty neat.

Comment

Tons of them are in my hood here in Baytown. Draining everybody's feeders.
        Lesto!!

Comment

We have bunches, no feeder though, just lots of pretty landscaping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m using a gallon of nectar every day now. More today than yesterday and day before.

Comment

I currently have 4 here in North Texas, which is about the most I ever have at one time. I expect them to be gone tomorrow when I wake up with the front coming thru....

Comment

Our neighbor had approximately 30 flying around a single hummingbird feeder. They stated it was due to so many hummingbird feeder’s along with flowers being damaged from the hurricane.

Comment

Wife and I had one show up last weekend while we were sitting on the back patio.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                    That’s an old wives tale…not saying your wife is old, but the idea that feeders keep them from migrating is a myth. Keep the feeders out, they’ll leave when they need to.

Lol! She wasn’t planning on pulling them until after Halloween.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Who else is seeing hummingbirds?

We had the first couple show up up a little over a week ago and now we have maybe 10 buzzing around.

I suspect we’ll have more than normal due to the drought and fewer natural sources for them to feed on. Saw this happen in 2011.

Comment

2 to 3 everyday in Tarkington. Can't remember them staying all summer but this year they have hung around the whole time. We usually don't get more then 2 to 5 at a time, not like the hill country where there are 30 of them buzzing your head.

Comment

Still enjoying watching over a dozen every day
                          Going thru sugar like crazy, but worth it.

Have three feeders side by side and it seems to limit the one dominant bird that chases everyone else away.

Comment

We have a good amount of Hummingbirds in Harper. About every 4-5 days theier feeder needs a refill. I enjoy watching them.

Comment

We have quite a few. I am running (3) feeders now and filling every 3 days.
                              They get thick around here in September.

Comment

Originally posted by East6101 View Post
                                2 to 3 everyday in Tarkington. Can't remember them staying all summer but this year they have hung around the whole time. We usually don't get more then 2 to 5 at a time, not like the hill country where there are 30 of them buzzing your head.
                                We have had a pair stay the last few Summers, I assume they’re hatching at least one clutch of eggs.

Comment

Working...
                                X