No announcement yet.

Bobcat or Ocelot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its eithe an ocelot or a lynx because i have a bobcat mount right here and there spots are nothing alike

Comment

All bobcats are marked differently. Some have almost no spotting while others are heavily spotted or even have circled markings called "rosettes". Also some cats are sandy colored while others have a gray or even reddish color. All are bobcats. South Texas is known for having a good population cats with dark spots and lines but they aren't known for being heavily furred due to the warmer climates.

That's a beautiful bobcat!

predatorsniper

Comment

lets not rule out jaguar....ha

Comment

bobcat, really cool looking one at that

Comment

It's a new species. It came here for work and just wanted some water after that long run from BP

Beautiful cat.
            Last edited by StickShooter; 10-14-2008, 10:59 PM.

Comment

It IS a bobcat.

I would send the photos to a professional though. One that is familiar with local bobcat populations.

The markings are unique, but feline populations (especially spotted cats) are known to throw variations sometimes. This can be a local distinction sometimes. Cheetahs also show a trait similar to this (there has been an argument in the past as to whether these cheetahs were a seperate species, subspecies, mutant or variation.) So a feline professional might give you some interesting feedback on this cat.

Personally, I would not do it harm. If you have feeders then he is eating squirrels and rats. Just keep documenting.

Comment

its awesome what ever it is

Comment

Shoot it and show it to the game warden.
                  If you don't post any more we will know for sure if it is a Ocelot.

Comment

I have never seen a bobcat with that distinct of markings. It looks Ocelot but something happened to its tail. The tail looks a little long for a bobcat to me. Just my two cents. I would like to see some more pics of it. It is diffently different.

Comment

I say its a cross between the two

Comment

Ive never even heard of an Ocelot. What a beautiful animal. This has been a very informative and humorous post. Typical of the green screen

Comment

bobcat

Comment

Wow...thats a beautiful bobcat!

Comment

Bobcat with beautiful markings.

Comment

good lookin cat

Comment

Working...
                                X