Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gato Roberto

Comment

Here is a pic of a cat that we see on a semi-regular basis. We have had quite the dispute on the ranch on whether it is a cross or a very pretty but pure bobcat.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	MDGC0087.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	23942603

Comment

I'm going to have to look at my bobcats aliitle closer. I've never seen one with that type of spots. But I'm up in East Texas which may juust be different. Awesome cat.

Comment

I'd go with bobcat simply because of the ears... the markings point to it being an ocelot, but the ears/tail is too much for me to ignore.

pretty pretty kitty

Comment

bobcat (on both accounts)
            ears and tail.

Comment

I would say also it is an Ocelot. Just look at the markings.
              Also remember, nobody shot it , so it is just a discussion and we are not trying to get somebody out of a ticket.....the cat is still alive.:-)

Comment

nice

Comment

The family and I hit upnthe zoo this weekend and they just happened to have an ocelot exhibit next to a bobcat exhibit. It is amazing how much these pictures resembled the ocelots they had minus the long tail. Just interesting that these animals can be so similar but yet so different.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                    Bobcat - but a pretty one. Great markings. Cool picture.

Trailboss
                    x2

Comment

Ocelot

Comment

a very beautiful bobcat

Comment

Just to clear up a couple things.This is a new lease with 25 head of $$$$$Longhorns$$$$$. The vegetation is about knee high. The 2 pics I posted are the Same Pic. 1st one reduced for TBH size limits. The 2nd is the pic @ 100% with the Cat Cropped Out of the Pic. There is a barbwire fence seperating a field about 75 yards from the camera. I might put a Snare there. But given 1/2 a chance to put a Pin on it , and I will tell you for sure what it is. My vote is Bobcat.

Comment

Bobcat all the way

E. Pence you need to keep studying and study harder, if you are studying to be a wildlife biologist. The ears are tufted, white spots on the back of the ears, and the short tail... there is only one answer. All those who said bobcat take a bow; the rest of you know that bobcats are highly variable in color.

I've spent 12 years on the study of ocelot and restoration of habitat for them. And I am a practicing professional wildlife biologist

Comment

Bobcat-- ocelotes have long tails. Easy answer.

Comment

Nice looking cat there - great pics - thanks for posting

Comment

Working...
                                X