Pig Stickin' N Javi Stabbin 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Noah and I are going to fling a few arrows this weekend. Started the grocery list and already got the adult beverage fixin's stashed away. Can't wait to start heading south!

Comment

CCR Jeff?

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
          CCR Jeff?
          Nope...vacant lot next door.....20-60 yards.

Comment

Might want to pack the rain gear boys....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	24435669

Comment

Yep.

Comment

last year Josh and I watched the water come rushing down the road right at us. It went from dry to six inches deep around the tires. Some of the roads were covered up in water.

Comment

Timm,

When are you heading down? I'm leaving wed afternoon and will spend the night in College Station. Noah and I will be on the road around 6 am and meet you guys at the Loves in Encinal around 11-11:30.

Comment

I hope this changes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	24436029

Comment

Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                        Timm,

When are you heading down? I'm leaving wed afternoon and will spend the night in College Station. Noah and I will be on the road around 6 am and meet you guys at the Loves in Encinal around 11-11:30.

Early Thursday morning around 4am. Stop at Buc Ee's and then on to Encinal

Comment

Had a great time at the hunt this year!! Thanks to everyone that was able to make the hunt. It was definitely great seeing everyone again.

Stay thirsty my friends…

SwampRabbit - let me know how that jackrabbit turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyGill View Post
                            Had a great time at the hunt this year!! Thanks to everyone that was able to make the hunt. It was definitely great seeing everyone again.

Stay thirsty my friends…

SwampRabbit - let me know how that jackrabbit turns out.
                            On the one I shot through the chest, the front quarter was somewhat blood shot, so I cut it in half and decided to salvage one side of the backstrap and front shoulder. We braised it and cooked it it's own gravy for a while to see what it tasted like.

The shoulder was a little chewy, but the flavor was just fine, it definitely needed to slow cook longer to break down. The backstrap was tender though. I am wishing I had shot more. Each one weighed in at 2.5 lbs where the cotton tails were between 3/4 and 1 lb.

I had a blast driving around the ranch with you again. I am glad we had more success this year and you were able to bag your first javi. That really was my favorite part of the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                            X