No announcement yet.

Highway Treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's how it is down around the Houston area, can't seem to justify risking my hide for an 8' fiberglass ladder... or can I! Haha

Comment

I have never found anything that great, but before my father retired from the phone company he was driving down 173 between jourdanton and Devine when the guy in front of him dropped a big box on the side of highway. He promptly picked it up and chased the man who dropped it down. He tried flashing his lights pulling along side of him to flag him over only to receive the one finger salute. My dad being way nicer than myself followed him into Devine to a gas station. Before my dad could say a word the man dropped every curse word in the book at my dad at that point he just waived and drove off. When he got to his office he opened the box and it was a brand new dewalt cordless set with drill, saws all, circular saw and light. He still uses that set today

Comment

Found an old rusted receiver end of a single shot shotgun that had the butt stock sawed off on the side of Snakey Lane at Lake Grapevine.

Comment

Used to find a few wrenches, chains, etc., traffic has got to where if I do find anything it falls under the "what's left of" category.

Comment

Have a friend who found a yeti 110 on a Monday night, then the next Wednesday he found two ammo cans full of all kinds of ammo. He's a lucky SOB

Comment

My Dad found two rifles in a two gun case lying in the weeds on the side of the road when he and his buddy stopped for a nature call. They were coming home from a mule deer hunt out near Van Horn.

Figured someone had a flat and unloaded stuff but missed the rifle case when they loaded the stuff back up.

Since it was way between towns in NW Texas he contacted the DPS from a pay phone at a truck stop but no one was interested in driving to where he was.

So he put the info in the paper of the three largest towns that were sort of close by but out of the few calls he got no one could ID the make and caliber of the rifles.

All I find is junk on the sides of the road lol.

Comment

When I was ten the Pops and I was heading to the hunting club we were in on the Alabama River and when we turned onto the last stretch of pavement we saw one of those solid white 100 quart Igloo in the ditch.. after inspection the cooler was busted in one of the corners but it was full of handwarmers, tree stand pegs, pack of wool socks, two safety harness and a pletherer of sardines, beanie Wienies, Vienna sausages... Pretty Good find for some Po'folks from the backwoods of Alabama that literally hunted to survive
                Last edited by bamabreezy; 11-24-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Found a James Avery Charm Braclet on side of road still wrapped up like a christmas present. Had name of owner on receipt and on the braclet so was pretty easy to locate them. Turned out their house got robbed and all their christmas tree gifts were stolen. The family took the gift back from me and called the police and tried to get me charged with theft of their house....what a crock that turned out to be! Should have kept the POS.

Comment

Ive found the normal stuff.... straps, bungees, tools...

I was cleaning my storage shed and saw an ice chest. Had to remember where it came from...

My parents were headed to the coast, pulling the jeep behind their truck. Jeep got wobbly so dad pulled over to make sure everything was ok. When he was walking to the truck he found an icechest that was loaded with beer and ice cold. He loaded that sucker up. We drank it that weekend.

Comment

I-45 headed toward Galveston is the "Igloo Highway" during the summer time. Nothing but lids of coolers littering the side of the road

Comment

Friend found a diamond plate tool box on the side of the road. Had a bit of road rash and a dented corner, but works just right on my truck. I've never found anything that great.

Comment

A crescent wrench and a very nice wrist watch.

Comment

free tools are cool

Scored channel locks about a month ago 2 miles from my front door
                            Attached Files

Comment

I need to pay closer attention I guess I've got nothin

Comment

Found a Ranchhand grill guard once between Azle and Briar. No idea what it fit. Sold it for 100 bucks

Comment

Working...
                                X