No announcement yet.

Highway Treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One morning, on a 10k run, I found a Milwaukee 4 1/2 inch electric grinder. Was about 2 miles into the run and carried that thing for over 4 miles. I have found other things, but that was worth the most.

Comment

Found a cellphone on the road today. Didn't keep it though. Found the owner and gave it back. That's probably the most expensive thing I've found so far.

Comment

I have found mostly tools . I found trays from a tool boxes on 2 occasions smashed and loose sockets all over the road. Thank goodness they were busy roads. A wheel barrow , Several good chains , hammers, Wrenches, channel locks, several drop hitches. A tote full of decorative seasonal flags for the yard.3 Very nice Life jackets , couple of fishing poles , fishing nets.

Comment

I posted the below 5 years ago and I have not had the same luck...find junk mostly.

My Dad found two rifles in a two gun case lying in the weeds on the side of the road when he and his buddy stopped for a nature call. They were coming home from a mule deer hunt out near Van Horn.

Figured someone had a flat and unloaded stuff but missed the rifle case when they loaded the stuff back up.

Since it was way between towns in NW Texas he contacted the DPS from a pay phone at a truck stop but no one was interested in driving to where he was.

So he put the info in the paper of the three largest towns that were sort of close by but out of the few calls he got no one could ID the make and caliber of the rifles.

All I find is junk on the sides of the road lol.

Comment

Years ago my uncle found a Honda generator off 1960. Dang thing was practically brand new.

Comment

My BIL found a brand spankin new Dewalt socket set on an afternoon jog a while back. He found everything except the 11MM socket scattered across the road.

Comment

While surveying in the Portland, Oregon area, we found a wallet and bloody knife. We called the police and continued to work in another part of the ROW. Then we found the body. We called again and then the police really showed up. It ended being a homeless fight over drugs. They arrested another crack head and that was that.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                  My BIL found a brand spankin new Dewalt socket set on an afternoon jog a while back. He found everything except the 11MM socket scattered across the road.
                  surprised it wasn't the 10mm. those things have legs

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    surprised it wasn't the 10mm. those things have legs
                    Truth!

Comment

Hard to beat this day. ..... I heard

Comment

Working...
                      X