Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st buck kill with a bow, above cloud 9 right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, that's a monster buck. Congrats

Comment

I had to come back and look at that deer again. Just an amazing example of what hard work can get you. 1,000 hours on stand for a deer like that with a bow is way better than average!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        I had to come back and look at that deer again. Just an amazing example of what hard work can get you. 1,000 hours on stand for a deer like that with a bow is way better than average!
        Thanks GarGuy! I would also like to Thank You for ALL the information in your Pressured Deer thread as it really changed the way I hunted over the past year and no doubt helped me get this deer.

Few things I would like to highlight that definitely played a huge role in getting this buck on the ground, hopefully this will benefit others at some point
        • Rained .5" the night before
        • Using an Old Crown Royal bag to carry my hand corn in quietly(He was bedded down within 20yards of the food plot I was hunting)
        • When I pour out my hand corn I make sure I put 2-3 lines straight towards me and I space them out 4-5 yards away from each other. This makes the deer turn broadside for you while he is going from each pile. To try and paint a picture, the corn piles should look like this | | | <-----put 4-5 yards between them and make sure the piles are straight towards you. My Dad taught me this technique and it WORKS GREAT!
        • Parked in a different spot than where I normally would, although I did have to walk .5 mile further that morning
        • Once I laid eyes on him, I DID NOT look at his antlers again. LOL
        • Ozonics machine! He came within 5 yards of being directly on my downwind side

Comment

Haha I keep returning to look at your trophy too!

Comment

What an awesome buck! Great way to stay with it!

Comment

Hell of a deer!!

Comment

Incredible, he's simply amazing!!! Congrats!

Comment

awesome buck, congrats

Comment

Bruiser of buck.. Good story . Congrats

Comment

awesome buck sir

Comment

Wow, great first buck. That will be hard to top!

Comment

Man that is a dandy buck wow wow

Comment

He's amazing! I got my first bow kill this year too. However he's nothing compared to yours. Congratulations! He's gonna make a beautiful mount.

Comment

Not sure how I missed this, but late congrats.

Rwc

Comment

Stud buck my friend!!

Comment

Working...
                                X