No announcement yet.

How much weight is too much weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

62# for me that was the lowest weight I could pull for the heaviest CE Piledriver worked well for me

Comment

I like 60-63. Getting to old to pull 70 anymore. Back in the early 90's I had a Martin Prowler that was 65-80. I kept it cranked up to 77 because I was a young stud then. Now things hurt more and I do well with low 60s.
      Last edited by txstringbender; 11-12-2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I shoot a 67# and a 56# and I way prefer the 56# even though they're practically the same bow. I like to be able to draw effortlessly and hold for a long time.

Comment

55lbs but I'm 51 and have had both shoulders extensively repaired. I cranked it up to 60 a while back but was much more comfortable and accurate at 55 so I put it back.

Comment

82# for me. Very easy draw being I am still young

Comment

60lbs

Comment

I believe mine was around 55 lbs. It was plenty. I used to have it macho-macho at 75 lbs., straining and groaning and pointing it at the sky to draw it. I remember talking to that guy who had the archery shop out on 71. He said draw weight all came down to "how far do you want the arrow to travel after it passes through that deer?"

Comment

Max my pse out at 61 lbs

Comment

Working...
                  X