No announcement yet.

Anyone know the story on this brute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His story comes out in bits and pieces in the comments on his FB post. Something like he fell asleep twice underneath a oak tree and woke up and shot this monster and then he said something about the GW questioning him about cutting holes in a high fence that's what I got from the story but he is hard to follow

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Lots of great deer stories over in the Bowhunting Reports section.

Comment

Following

Comment

There were some questions about a giant deer killed around lake Ray Roberts, I had heard that the GW confiscated the head, maybe was shot on core land or a place he did not have permission to hunt, who knows, may be bs.

Comment

I know nothing of the history on this buck. What I do know is that it is a giant.

Comment

Well on a different note...I will be in the stand at first light for the first time in the whole season in jack county. Hopefully it's not too windy. I'm pumped and I sure hope something like this pops out at 30yds or less!

Maybe if I fall asleep I will wake up and nail a monster...

Comment

Is there something on this in the bowhunter reports section. Didn't see anything related?

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                  There were some questions about a giant deer killed around lake Ray Roberts, I had heard that the GW confiscated the head, maybe was shot on core land or a place he did not have permission to hunt, who knows, may be bs.
                  Grayson or Cooke county?

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                    I don't know about you fellas but if I shoot a "trophy of a life time" I'm not hack the skin all the way up to the neck...
                    I bring my taxi a correctly caped pelt when I have one that I'm not mounting. He gives me $35 for it and then uses it for just such situations. I guess guys doing stuff like this is fairly common.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNick View Post
                      I bring my taxi a correctly caped pelt when I have one that I'm not mounting. He gives me $35 for it and then uses it for just such situations. I guess guys doing stuff like this is fairly common.
                      Supposedly the guy IS a taxidermist makes you scratch your head in bewilderment

Comment

Originally posted by BigNick View Post
                        I shot a Booner 11 years ago (as of today, actually), and before I knew what I was doing I had split him to the base of the buck's neck. Excitement can take over and you just go on autopilot with all the adrenaline pumping.

I'm sure no one here ever makes mistakes during the sheer excitement of the moment, huh?

I would also say that when big deer get knocked down, some people lose their minds. Some folks just cannot take it that someone else shot a big buck. Jealousy is a terrible and dangerous thing, and the poaching accusations start flying shortly.
                        Last edited by kry226; 11-12-2015, 04:01 AM.

Comment

I heard it was a spike as a 1.5 year old

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I know nothing other than somewhere theres a taxidermist doing a facepalm
                            LMAO ... I thought the same thing!

Comment

This story reeks of alcahol .

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                                LMAO ... I thought the same thing!
                                It was your how to properly cape a deer thread that made me think of it. That and the fact it appears this particular buck was caped with a weedeater.

BTW thanks for that thread. It helped when I caped a deer earlier this year. Texantax appeared reasonably happy with the job when I dropped him off

Comment

Working...
                                X