X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're both settled and ready.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Brighton and I are in. Ran deer out if cover crop getting here but made up for it by throwing 50# of hand corn.

Big, cull or doe a deer needs to die this hunt for us to make our sausage needs.
      Good luck to y'all as well. Make something bleed.

Comment

Wind is cutting pretty good here. Glad I over dressed for once.

Comment

Getting to be that time fellas.

Wife had some does and yearlings move in and out. My first deer since the spike slowly coming up

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            It's been a good spot Johnny. View down one of the other 4 lanes. Tree stand on one and a the octogon ground blind on the other

I was momentarily excited this morning when the sun peaked out. Clouded back up so we called it. No real chores to do around here so wife and I rolled back out about 2. Same spike I saw this morning was waiting on me. Not expecting much with the wind. I'd much rather been down on the creek in a tree stand away from it all.
            Dang good set up. Yea, I was expecting some decent sun today but this pesky southern jet is relentless! Solid winter skies down this way, 47degrees and winds gusting to darn near 30. Colton had a few yearlings come in for awhile but that is it so far. I've got 7 deer out behind the house right now...does, yearlings and small 5 pt. If Colton doesn't see much else this evening, I'm sure they will be sitting behind house in the morning.
            Last edited by Johnny; 01-09-2016, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I was real close to making a ML rookie mistake! I just remembered I'd forgotten to put my primer in!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                I was real close to making a ML rookie mistake! I just remembered I'd forgotten to put my primer in!
                Click. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  Click. lol

I would have said the F word!

Someone just torched off south of me.

Comment

Colton has a momma doe and 2 yearlings out but this momma doe is off limits. Some jack wagon took a crappy shot on her a couple of weeks ago. She and her yearlings have been regular visitors of mine since bow season. She is getting around just fine it looks like.

Comment

Deer waited till dang near dark to come out. Low light, small young bucks mixed with doe and gusting wind has made Brighton decide to hold off on doe today.

It's a good call

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        Deer waited till dang near dark to come out. Low light, small young bucks mixed with doe and gusting wind has made Brighton decide to hold off on doe today.

It's a good call
                        Agreed. Colton has does out front right now but too dark. The wind had em moving late. It should relax overnight and be good hunting tomorrow, at least you would think.

Comment

I thought he was going to torch this one but probably too dark in that bottom they are in.

I got this waiting for me at home. They need to come on!

Last edited by Johnny; 01-09-2016, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Wooowweeee! Just went and warmed the truck up to take boys down to the bow lease. 37 here at the house and the wind still humpin it....feels good! Glad I'm not the one whose going to be sitting in a stand this morning.

Tyler is up to bat again this morning with the crossbow. He wants a buck but all I've got is young stuff coming into this setup so I'm sure it won't take much for him to change his mind when a mature doe steps out. lol

Who else is going to be out?

Comment

I put one more slick head on the ground yesterday with the muzzleloader but I had to come home last night unexpectedly due to work so good luck to y'all that are still in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh7099 View Post
                                I put one more slick head on the ground yesterday with the muzzleloader but I had to come home last night unexpectedly due to work so good luck to y'all that are still in the woods.
                                Good deal!

Comment

Working...
                                X