Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome buck! Dark ole head on him

Comment

Rise and shine! Who's up for more rain watching today?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Rise and shine! Who's up for more rain watching today?
        I'm up, out on the back porch stand again. Lol. Nice and dry.

Comment

Is it still raining? I can't tell from bed

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
            I'm up, out on the back porch stand again. Lol. Nice and dry.
            Doing the same with some hot coffee. Just got through watching 8 does bunched up together. Looks like the rut is done here unless we get a secondary rut mid next month.

Comment

Last sit out west. So wet we had to park the truck, 30 and raining makes for a fun Ranger ride....

Comment

Had a crazy afternoon yesterday, about 4:30 deer started moving like crazy. We had went to Brady last week and I hoped to get my stepson his first buck and it did not happen. While on the back porch yesterday my wife comes out and tells me my step daughter and her husband are on the way to decorate the tree and I told her I'm hunting till dark. She went back in the house and within about 15 minutes had 20 or so deer out on the vanilla corn. In walks a legal 3.5 year old and I slip in the house and get my stepson and wife and try getting him on the buck. This deer is no monster by any means but trying to get my stepson on the right deer while it is going in and out of trees, making scrapes and the fact there are 20 deer he is in the middle of turns into about a 30 minute ordeal. At 50 yards he spooks and reappears at the feeder as well as 3 other legal deer one being a big tall 4.5 year old 9pt that I let walk and think will be great at 5.5 but thought the neighbor killed after it left my property. They all 4 break and run after the same doe straight towards the house and this one turns and stops at 50 yards and I tell him shoot that one. On the shot it takes off and I'm worried about it making it to the neighbors and I grab my gun and he falls about 10 yards from where he shot it. I don't have any ldp pics on my phone but ended up being a 3.5 year old 9 point. (This is not the big 9 I let walk)

Comment

Congrats for your step son!

A 2.5 yr old 10 and 3.5 yr old 11, 2 does and a fawn so far this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                    Congrats for your step son!

A 2.5 yr old 10 and 3.5 yr old 11, 2 does and a fawn so far this morning.

Sent you a pm Tony

Comment

I want to get out of my stand and out of this God forsaken weather so bad but it's raining too **** hard. I have had all I can take.

Comment

I slept in this morning and just kicked it with the kiddos.

Nice work Cpt! Nothing like passing the torch for someone's first. I'm about to eat a little lunch and head out myself. I scored a muzzleloader in a trade yesterday and I'm itching to burn some powder through it.

Comment

Good luck. I picked my euro mount up from first point today. It turned out good I think.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                            Good luck. I picked my euro mount up from first point today. It turned out good I think.

Dang, that didn't take long!

Comment

He's a beauty. Congrats

Comment

Been hunting a monster 6 since October. He was here but I wasn't. Sat til 11 today but too wet in a ladder stand.

Can't get pics to load

Comment

Working...
                                X