No announcement yet.

Granger WT Postcard Hunt 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On another note, the deer are hitting the Chinaberry trees. I didn't think they ate those, but had a big 10 and several does feed on them right in front of me. One doe even was standing on her back legs to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
      Congrats on the buck! Coming down to the wire. Been chasing a stud for some time, but havent seen him lately. Thinking of moving for the last couple days, but it is hard to give up on such a nice buck. Congrats again.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
        Congrats on the buck! Coming down to the wire. Been chasing a stud for some time, but havent seen him lately. Thinking of moving for the last couple days, but it is hard to give up on such a nice buck. Congrats again.
        I was hunting without a feeder/game cam. Just looking for sign, observing, patterning, planning ambush positions, etc. All the deer I was seeing in Nov. just up and disappeared in Dec. It was tough to move, but I guess it paid off. The change of scenery was nice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
          Congratulations

Comment

China berries, that's crazy..always thought those were poisonous same like the horse apples...moving now won't hurt anything, they are coming to corn the only bad part is hogs will clean u out in a night.. there's nowhere safe from the swine this yr...

Comment

Do you guys usually hunt from tree stands or ground blinds? I moved my spot today, and saw quite a few deer. Saw a big mature 8 point, but he was quick to notice the blund unlike the other deer. He didnt spook, but he was a little apprehensive to approach. Would i be better off going with a tree stand?

Comment

Can all of the legal bucks I passed on this year at Granger please come back, I changed my mind.

Did an all day sit today and saw a boat load of does. Nothing but a few smaller bucks. At it again tomorrow, bucks beware!!!!

Comment

Same here but still looking for my doe.

Will be there tomorrow for the last day. Good luck to all.

Comment

Too late now, yall just got to get lucky, but I personally like a tree stand, deer will less likely catch your movements..all of their predators live on the ground, we'll I guess a big bobcat could jump on a yearling from a tree but not likely.

Comment

End Date

I know the permit says the hunt ends on the third, but I remember someone telling me we had a little longer. I probably misunderstood. Any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Gopher View Post
                        I know the permit says the hunt ends on the third, but I remember someone telling me we had a little longer. I probably misunderstood. Any chance?

The GW will probably go by the date on the permit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopher View Post
                          I seem to remember hearing that too. I talked to Derrick about it. He said the hunt ends today.

Comment

Saw a spike friday morning and 6 antlerless in the evening that all got the pass (freezer is full), zero'd saturday, didn't make it out today. Any final day heroics?

Comment

Not here. Hunted under the dam south of the river all day on Sat and Sunday. Seen tons of does and a few young bucks. Did have a mature 8 come thru friday, but never saw him again.

Comment

Txpepper killed a big old 8pt today..I'll let him post..170 pounds and 140 inches..21.5 wide

Comment

Working...
                                X