Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5th Grade QB..... Coming on really Nice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James View Post
    That is Awesome

Thanks!!!

Comment

That is amazing.

Comment

Good work dad. Your son looks like he has the skill set to go far. If he keeps growing his height will become an even greater asset. Watching him play takes me back to the days of playing in the Salvation Army league...what a great experience. Sounds like you are on the right track with his coaching and that means everything. His throwing motion looks good and his footwork seems to be right on. There is so much to say, but I'd remind him to: always throw off his front foot, aim for his receiver's head and try not to stare down his target receiver. And when he rolls out to run tell him not to tuck the ball until he is across the line of scrimmage. That way the defense never knows if he is gonna throw or not. When he does run, don't be afraid to pump fake the defense even when he is beyond the line. More often than not they will jump and try to block the imaginary pass. Best of luck to him and make sure he is having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          Good work dad. Your son looks like he has the skill set to go far. If he keeps growing his height will become an even greater asset. Watching him play takes me back to the days of playing in the Salvation Army league...what a great experience. Sounds like you are on the right track with his coaching and that means everything. His throwing motion looks good and his footwork seems to be right on. There is so much to say, but I'd remind him to: always throw off his front foot, aim for his receiver's head and try not to stare down his target receiver. And when he rolls out to run tell him not to tuck the ball until he is across the line of scrimmage. That way the defense never knows if he is gonna throw or not. When he does run, don't be afraid to pump fake the defense even when he is beyond the line. More often than not they will jump and try to block the imaginary pass. Best of luck to him and make sure he is having fun.

Thanks QB!!! Appreciate the info!

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
            That is amazing.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
              Nice job the way he squares his shoulders. Congrats to him and dad.
              I noticed the same thing. Especially on the deep balls, plus the really good foot work in the pocket. Only saw one time when he was rolling right when he didn't quite get his shoulders square. But, it was on a short pass so a little flip was all that was needed. Looking good, Dean. Can't wait to see him in the future. Great job.

>E

Comment

he got a darn good arm. and pretty accurate as well...where does PYFL play or what does it stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                  he got a darn good arm. and pretty accurate as well...where does PYFL play or what does it stand for?

Thank you! DFW. Premiere Youth Football League

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    I tell parents all the time...in middle school don't expect the same success

YOur playing on a team now you can pick your team and players. Once you get to school ball its not that way. YOu get what you have from zoning!

SO be prepared to not be as good and most kids wont have the same success as their now hand picked team

ANd the stand in the pocket passing system will change and it will be mostly run
                    Finally made it to middle school ball and the 7th grade...... had to resurrect an old post

Comment

I guess I can catch y’all up a bit.

6th Grade - lots of running the ball this particular year. His normal team all moved on to school ball.

He makes his own highlights so you’ll have to excuse him a bit lol

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                        Finally made it to middle school ball and the 7th grade...... had to resurrect an old post
                        woah, wait a sec..was he, dare I say..wrong?

Awesome video, I really liked when the defensive end had him dead to rights and he got out of it and threw it deep. Good stuff!
                        Last edited by cookemerkel; 04-24-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Here is some 7th grade middle school ball. Still had good production over all!

Also made U14 US National Team..... “featured” him but only threw the ball 4 times lol.

Last edited by dstrong; 04-24-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                            woah, wait a sec..was he, dare i say..wrong? [emoji14]

awesome video, i really liked when the defensive end had him dead to rights and he got out of it and threw it deep. Good stuff!

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                              woah, wait a sec..was he, dare I say..wrong?

Awesome video, I really liked when the defensive end had him dead to rights and he got out of it and threw it deep. Good stuff!

7th grade up there [emoji115] posted after 6th

Comment

Awesome stuff, I want to be young again. Good memories. He looks great

Comment

Working...
                                X