No announcement yet.

The duck opener is looking promising !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their ain't been squat down here around the coast, with all this rain won't help much either

Comment

This north wind should help. I saw my first redheads in Galveston Bay today.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
        Saw 100 or so specs, probably 100 Canadas, and a few thousand snows between Wynne and Bald Knob on Wednesday off 64. Lots of fields were yet to be pumped but its getting closer!
        Finally getting some rain/have some in the forecast. That area over there will be loading up in the next few weeks if the rain keeps up.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          When did you pump your woods? Thats a good looking boat!

We don't have many ducks up here yet but starting to see a few. I saw a hundred or so mallards working into the slough Friday evening off of the stand but that's the first I've seen this year. I think this weather may bring a few down.

If u are referring to our flooded timber lake we don't actually flood it. We rely on the fall rains to flood sections of timber and there is already quite a bit that has been flooded the past 2 years all year. The trees are dead but still gives great cover for the ducks. This lake is fed by a hill/mountain that is probably 4000 acres so it fills up quiet quickly on a 2" rain.

The picture of the boat is on public land on a local lake...

It's gonna be a good year fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
            Saw 100 or so specs, probably 100 Canadas, and a few thousand snows between Wynne and Bald Knob on Wednesday off 64. Lots of fields were yet to be pumped but its getting closer!

Man I would love to shoot a speck... I would be down to trade some hunts for an opportunity. We don't get any where I hunt .

Comment

We still have thousands of teal hanging around the farm in Winnie. Hope they continue to hang around.

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
                If u are referring to our flooded timber lake we don't actually flood it. We rely on the fall rains to flood sections of timber and there is already quite a bit that has been flooded the past 2 years all year. The trees are dead but still gives great cover for the ducks. This lake is fed by a hill/mountain that is probably 4000 acres so it fills up quiet quickly on a 2" rain.

The picture of the boat is on public land on a local lake...

It's gonna be a good year fellas!
                Sounds like you have a pretty good spot set up! Hope they come in there good for you this season!

Comment

I'll be deer hunting around Diboll and Lufkin on November 27 & 28. Does anybody in that area have an opening for a duck hunt on the afternoon of November 29th? I'm new to duck hunting and have always wanted to get a wood duck to mount.

I'm also looking for a goose hunt around El Campo on the afternoon of November 30th and the morning of December 1st. I'll be driving through that area on my way home from Lufkin. If anybody can help with these hunts send me a PM with a price and details.

Comment

Our duck opener is this Saturday. Not looking good at all weather wise. I'm actually probably gonna sit this one out. 100% Rain with thunderstorms. Expecting 1"-2" of rain. I've been too close to lighting bolts once before. No thanks.

Comment

That is awesome!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X