Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grim Reaper Broadheads! Do you Recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I will check them out ive never held one so I didnt know about the slots!

Comment

So does the base rotate in order to align the blades?

Comment

grim

enough said, this is the exit hole on a 35 yard shot. Deer ran 10 yards!!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
          Yes it does. There is also a weight that is offered to make then 125 vs. 100 gr. I have seen people put the weight on the broad head side not the arrow side and the end up blocking the groves so the blades can't open.

This is really a simple broad head to use! No where near as complicated as it seems from this thread.

Comment

Ok I hope it flys just like my Swhackers cause I think im making the switch im sure they are simple I just need to play with one to see what its all about..Thanks! Im just debating about which ones to get ?

Comment

Yes,
              I like to slide the base up into place and hold the two pieces together while crewing it into the arrow.
              Then manually open each blade to check

Comment

Which do yall recommend for blood trails and perormance? The razor tips,fatal steel,or whitetail specials? The first two have a smaller cutting diameter with that be a huge difference compared to the 2 inch whitetail specials?

Comment

If you were shooting a Schwacker and want something big, get a 2" Whitetail Special. It won't fix everything, but it still has a 2" cut, and that 3rd blade makes a whole lot of difference. I have killed a number of deer with them, and they leave huge blood trails, and do as much damage as I think can be done. They won't make a bad shot good, nothing will, but they will make a bad shot better. They will slice ribs in half.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                    If you were shooting a Schwacker and want something big, get a 2" Whitetail Special. It won't fix everything, but it still has a 2" cut, and that 3rd blade makes a whole lot of difference. I have killed a number of deer with them, and they leave huge blood trails, and do as much damage as I think can be done. They won't make a bad shot good, nothing will, but they will make a bad shot better. They will slice ribs in half.
                    Thanks this helps with my purchase! Yes a bad shot will be a bad shot no matter with which broadhead but I want all the forgiveness I can get..Any extra punch to help get at least better blood will help with a recovery..

Comment

Which do yall recommend for blood trails and perormance? The razor tips,fatal steel,or whitetail specials? The first two have a smaller cutting diameter with that be a huge difference compared to the 2 inch whitetail specials?
                      I am a fan of the 1-3/8s blades. They came highly recommended to me from a fellow TBHer several years ago who uses them on Whitetail, elk and pronghorn. He said he did not care for the longer blades. Shorter blades are stronger blades and they do a number on a whitetail as you have seen in my video. Plain old Razor tips is my preference and they have been nothing but deadly..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1225 (Medium).jpg
Views:	7
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	24409123

Name:	00000GrimReaper.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	24409124

Name:	ZGrim Reaper.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	24409125
                      Last edited by Smart; 10-15-2015, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I keep a couple of the hybrids in my quiver as well. I dont agree with "no tuning necessary" even with field tips though. For penetration, you need the arrows full energy in line behind the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          I am a fan of the 1-3/8s blades. They came highly recommended to me from a fellow TBHer several years ago who uses them on Whitetail, elk and pronghorn. He said he did not care for the longer blades. Shorter blades are stronger blades and they do a number on a whitetail as you have seen in my video. Plain old Razor tips is my preference and they have been nothing but deadly..

[ATTACH]749346[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]749347[/ATTACH]
                          Thanks I am leaning towards these but im also keeping the whitetail specials in mind.. I havent seen the video because im in class but I will as soon as im out!

Comment

The white tail specials have a 2" cut, but like Smart, I like the shorter blades. They are stronger IMO

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                              I shot them last year. Crap blood trails, some blades didn't deploy, but despite all of that all three deer that I shot died within sight (and I can't see very far out of my blind).
                              If the blades didn't deploy, that is your fault for not assembling them correctly. There is no way the can not open if put together right.

To the OP, I'll post some pics hopefully this evening.

Comment

Thanks I am leaning towards these but im also keeping the whitetail specials in mind.. I havent seen the video because im in class but I will as soon as im out!
                                I shoot the Whitetail Specials. Shot a buck in the gut last year and put a softball size hole in him. saved my rear on that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X