Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

What's your best trick to remove the gamey taste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lots of good advice on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
      First let your meat sit in the cooler over ice draining the bloody water and adding fresh ice for 3-5 days, this will bleed it out. After that no gamey taste IMO.....tasty!
      X2

Comment

First let your meat sit in the cooler over ice draining the bloody water and adding fresh ice for 3-5 days, this will bleed it out. After that no gamey taste IMO.....tasty!
        X2

Comment

Shoot! I like to chase mine down and cut what i want off while its running from me!

Comment

It's probably already been said, but here are my tips:

1 - Get a deer on ice (or in a freezer) as quickly as possible

2 - When processing your deer, try to make sure that there is NO hair on the meat.

3 - I leave my deer on ice for 7-10 days. I know that there is a division, but I don't bag my meat. I let it sit directly in the ice to get as much of the blood out as possible.

4 - Under NO circumstances do I transport a deer un-quartered and open to the environment. Let me say it this way......if I were to drive to a grocery store five hours away and buy the best cut of t-bone steak taht I could find and then take it out of the package and drive 5 1/2 hours back home with it in the bed of my truck, it would taste gamey.

Comment

A little salt and pepper.....

Comment

I think it's how it's prepaired prior to cooking it. JMHO

Comment

This is wwhat we do too. We add a bottle of vinegar in the first batch also. We flush and re-ice for 4-5 days.

Comment

Camp Boss !! Nuff said !,only I dont think you buy the stuff anymore?

Comment

Try marinating it in some Vinegar and oil Salad dressing like 'ZESTY ITALIAN'
                      My family loves it like that on the grill.

Comment

I like the way deer meat tastes. Does that mean I like the gamey taste?

Comment

Ok, i chicken frie alot but i tried a recipe my mother told me about to cook it on teh grill and it was GREAT!!! Thaw out the meat to be used, buy some APPLE CIDER<<< soak it over night and you will be amazed at the flavor. Not real sweet or appley just a good flavor. Thats what i did the last time i cooked it on the grill.

Comment

Working...
                          X