No announcement yet.

Quiet deer feeder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading this thread I ordered on in April or so and put it on one of my newly built feeders. I bought it not because It was quiet but because it doesn't spread the corn out super wide. I have a very narrow shooting lane for both rifle and bow. I decided I would give it a shot vs a regular spin cast feeder. It drops corn in about a three foot circle right under the feeder and has been working great for me. I have been getting pictures of deer under that feeder almost every afternoon/evening.

Now I just need to get a bigger feed pin set up. (don't laugh, it was there from my old hunting buddies feeder) Maybe next weekend.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
      In my area mature bucks don't come to feeders and shy away from them. So if you can get something quite and put it high up in a tree, it's just like hand corning as far as they're concerned.
      BINGO, if you haven't hunted in southeast / east Texas then you wouldn't understand but I can honestly see it being a huge advantage in my area where you almost NEVER see a mature deer at a feeder and when you do see em there its 3:00 am pics off your game camera. I personally think its a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
        I disagree!!!!
        NO YOU DONT

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Ring View Post
          After reading this thread I ordered on in April or so and put it on one of my newly built feeders. I bought it not because It was quiet but because it doesn't spread the corn out super wide. I have a very narrow shooting lane for both rifle and bow. I decided I would give it a shot vs a regular spin cast feeder. It drops corn in about a three foot circle right under the feeder and has been working great for me. I have been getting pictures of deer under that feeder almost every afternoon/evening.

Now I just need to get a bigger feed pin set up. (don't laugh, it was there from my old hunting buddies feeder) Maybe next weekend.
          Sorry but I did and just couldn't help it. What in the world

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
            Sorry but I did and just couldn't help it. What in the world
            I think the idea his buddy had was, if they jump in the pen they won't have room to turn around and they'll always be broadside for a shot. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
              I think the idea his buddy had was, if they jump in the pen they won't have room to turn around and they'll always be broadside for a shot. [emoji1]

Awe! A deer shute!! GENUIS!!!

Comment

What in hades is that little panel pen doing? That's funny right there.

Comment

Actually I think his idea was..."If I buy two cattle panels and cut it in half then I'm only out the price of two cattle panels instead of many."

No really I think he was in a rush to get something up the one weekend he was there before deer season. His feeder was a 55 gallon drum with a hole punched in one side. I think I had talked to him the day before we met up there that weekend and told him that his feeder had fallen over. I think he just had two panels and some rebar laying around the house and thats what it got him built.

I think he put it up that weekend with the intentions of installing more later, but never did. Now he lives in Colorado and I have the whole place to my self and my dad and he keeps inviting me to go hunt elk with him (wish I had the money)

Here is a picture of what it use to be like. Also a picture of a deer in it with the old feeder and a deer with the quiet feeder. (above the deer, not in picture)
                  Attached Files

Comment

I don't feel near as bad about my little 8 panel pens now.

Comment

Lmao!!!

Comment

Quiet deer feeder!

Comment

The timed protein feeders are set up similar to this.

Comment

How did this quiet feeder work?

Comment

Genius!!!

Originally posted by Ten Ring View Post
                              Actually I think his idea was..."If I buy two cattle panels and cut it in half then I'm only out the price of two cattle panels instead of many."

No really I think he was in a rush to get something up the one weekend he was there before deer season. His feeder was a 55 gallon drum with a hole punched in one side. I think I had talked to him the day before we met up there that weekend and told him that his feeder had fallen over. I think he just had two panels and some rebar laying around the house and thats what it got him built.

I think he put it up that weekend with the intentions of installing more later, but never did. Now he lives in Colorado and I have the whole place to my self and my dad and he keeps inviting me to go hunt elk with him (wish I had the money)

Here is a picture of what it use to be like. Also a picture of a deer in it with the old feeder and a deer with the quiet feeder. (above the deer, not in picture)
                              I'm dying over here 😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Ttt for all my etx buddies

Comment

Working...
                                X